Partners

Karylle's POV

This is it. After 2 weeks of staying home and drowning myself in tears, I think I'm finally ready to go to work and face Yael again after our break up.

11:40am

Kasalukyan akong nakatambay sa kotse ko sa parking lot ng Yuzon Air Lines Building. Hinihintay ko kasi ang shift ko na hindi pa magsstart until 12 o'clock.

By the way, ako nga pala si Karylle Padilla Tatlonghari. My parents got a divorce when I was only 8 years old. Things didn't work out but I'm happy to say they're really good friends. I don't see my father a lot because he is a dentist abroad, so I stay with my mama, who is also a famous singer/artist. I am 29 years old and I've just gotten through my first heart break ..with Yael, my boss, A.K.A the manager of the most well known Air Lines here in the Philippines.

*ring* *ring*

It's my shift call. Hindi ko naman kailangan sagutin, but I answered it anyways. A sweet robotic voice was on the other line, "Ms. Karylle Tatlonghari, please head to Office 14, you're shift is about to start"

Lumabas ako ng kotse ko at kinuha ang itim kong purse. Pumunta ako sa main office ng Building para mag sign in, "Hi, Ms.Tatlonghari, nice to see you back. Enjoy your day." they all greeted me and I replied with a smile.

Papunta na ako sa Office 14 nang may nakabangga akong matangkad na Babae na halatang busy sa pagtetexting, "Watch where you're going. You almost made me drop my phone!" she screamed at my face and pushed me down so I could fall. I was having a good day and I didn't want to let her ruin it. I've never seen her in my 2 years working here, "I can get you fired! Security! Security!" she's still screaming while I'm still on the ground picking up all the things I dropped.

Kinuha niya ang cellphone niya at may tinawagan, "babe this filthy trash bumped into me. I demand you fire her!"

Babe? Don't tell me she's dating Yael, my EX boyfriend, probably not. Yael wouldn't date a bitch. I got on my knees and slowly stood up. But being the bitch she is, she pushed me back down, "Don't move! A security is coming to remove you from this place!"

Oh I had it, I was ready to blow up and make her bleed right at this second.

Luckily, one of my good friends, Vhong, came to the rescue, "Ms.Kaye, ako na bahala dito"

So Kaye ang pangalan ng bruhang yon. She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at me like a little girl. I couldn't help but laugh at how childish she was. Tinulungan ako ni Vhong tumayo, "K, trouble maker ka talaga" He laughed and carried my purse like a gentlemen.

"Who does she think she is. Kung hindi ka lang sumulpot, duguan yung snob na yon!" galit kong sinabi.

"Uh K..ano kasi..bagong girlfriend yun ni Yael.." Iwas tingin na sinabi ni Vhong

That's why she felt like she had the power over me. I felt like crying but I had to be mature, "talaga? Ang sama naman ng ugali, she's not my boss and I won't let her treat me that way" I said trying to avoid the topic about her relationship with Yael.

He stopped me in the hallway, "Wait, are you sure okay ka?"

"Okay lang, ako pa? Kahit bagyong Yolanda pa ang dumaan, hindi ako tutumba" I said and we both laughed.

"O, ito na pala ang Office 14. Sige, salamat Vhong" I kissed his cheek and he gave me my bag.

When I walked in my office, I saw a tall, skinny guy turned around looking at the posters posted on the bulletin. "Oh you must be Mr.Viceral, my partne-" I stopped when he turned around. He/She pala ang partner ko, mukhang beauty queen. Oh great.