chapter two Lani

He's soaked in blood. I wish I could say that's unusual Hōkū always finds the worst parts of the world. He hits the ground and I look at Raven "he's really beat up call Mabel. Raven! Call on Mabel now!" Raven stops and runs upstairs as mom walks downstairs and freezes she looks from Hōkū to me, to my father and there's a look of shock, talking and then Mom runs upstairs presumably for the phone, and dad has the Hōkū checks his pulse says something and walks outside. Hōkū opens his bag, inside it's full of tea boxes he smiles weakly 'I got your tea Lani I didn't pay Uncle Ruby I'm sorry' he signs quietly and closes his eyes. I move his head to my lap and wipe his blood on my jacket, the red staining the green fabric a firm cold Brown. He's still breathing, a soft rise and fall of his chest and it's all I need to know that it's going to be okay . I hold my wand to the worst of the cuts humming our song Softly As magic pulls his wounds close, it's rather gruesome, the blood back where it belongs pulls any damage muscle together and fix it and seals the skin. It's very painful I've only had it once when I fell out of a tree when I was very little. I drop my eyes and look at the rest of the damage I cannot fix, I put down my wand, close my eyes and rest of my head besides my brother. I wake up because someone is coming downstairs I can feel it in the floor it's Mom, she helps me to my feet and looks at Hōkū with a look of disappointment. The door opens and it's him. I raise my wand my face is getting hot my eyes are watering "get out! " My hair is Red by now and my throat hurts I'm getting dizzy and I'm dying, I swear that I'm dying... But he just stares and I scream, the only thing I can feel that's loud enough to know that it's loud. I know people are trying to grab me but it's too late I throw my wand and run, screaming as I tackled him to the ground and I hit him with all of my force of my small body Raven rushes to pull me off but with a flick of my hand she flies into a bookshelf and I'm blind with rage. No words just screaming hitting him anyway I can I know his body is unconscious by now but it's not enough for me it'll never be enough for me he's done too much this time gone too far this time. Raven grabs me and I'm screaming even louder electricity coursing through my body as I turn into a child, my mother, Hōkū. Raven pulls off panicked by my sudden movements, my sudden changes, I return to my destruction of him until my dad pulls me off of him. Off of Reben Amour. Son of Pardis. Son of the dictator of half the world.

Son of a bitch