1. Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

          It wouldn't be easy to say good bye. I have known him for the past four years. He was my high school sweetheart. But high school is over. Everything has changed. Though our love is still there, the arguing has taken over. We have our fights just like any couple and we have been trying to work it out. Nothing seems to work. So I'm trying this new thing, maybe spending time apart will do us some good. You know what they say, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

Kyle wrapped his arms around my waist as I pulled my arms from his neck.

 "Mel, please stay." Kyle begged me. 

"I can't. I already said yes... I'll miss you." I added.

"When will you come back home?" He asked looking into my eyes and I could already read the loneliness in them.

"Whenever I can." Was my replay to him because honestly, I didn't know.

"Please tell me you won't forget about me." He was making this harder than I intended it to be.

"Kyle, I will always love you no matter what." I sincerely told him and I pecked his cheek.

"Come on now Melanie!" Kyle's twin sister Kylie, who also happened to be my best friend yelled from outside. "You don't want to miss your flight!"

As Kylie said this, Kyle just to his grip even tighter on me.

"Bye Kyle." I whispered in his ear and he let me go.

~♥~

"You will be fine!" Kylie said as she patted my back, one hand still on the wheel.

Kylie took a quick glimpse at me and quickly read my expression. I was beyond nervous.

"Do you not want to do this anymore? You have been talking about this since you got the news!" She laughed.

"I don't know. I miss Kyle already I don't know if I can do this without him or you by my side. Come with me!" I begged gripping her shoulder.

"You know I would if I could doll." Was her reply.

I always wanted to travel around the United States. It was my first time leaving my beloved small town in Michigan.

            I stared out the night blue sky from my small window seat. We began to set for our landing in Hartford, Connecticut and my stomach began taking its own whirls and turns. Once the pilot had said we had safely landed in Hartford, the people slowly retrieved there items and made there way out the plane and I did the same.

"Hey! Just landed. Were will you be again?" I quickly texted and sent it to Scott who said he would be waiting nearby to pick me up.

"This is it?" I stared in complete awe at the massive tour bus. It seemed to me like it could stretch on for miles.

"Yep, welcome to Bieber's world." Scott better known as Scooter told me.

"I'm intimidated." I admitted.

"Nah don't be. Justin is a sweet kid."

"Ah I guess we'll see." My stomach turned. Why in the world would I be nervous? I was just going to be his tutor. I was hoping he liked me and didn't scare me off like he had with his previous instructor.

I walked in and it was pretty quite. Maybe it had to do with the fact that everyone was probably asleep. It was 1:43 am now.

"You should get some rest. Class starts promptly 7:30 am." Scooter informed me as he opened my room for me.

It was pretty big, maybe twice as big as my apartment back in Michigan. Maybe I wouldn't mind living here.

"Thanks bro! I love it! Its beautiful and huge!" I gave him a tight squeeze.

              Scooter was like my brother. We had known each other since elementary. He was the only reason why I could be here today, living a dream of mine. There couldn't possibly be anything more that I loved than traveling and teaching.

"No problem." He answered with a smile and stalked off.

I slammed into my new queen sized bed just like a child.

I looked up at my ceiling for a bit then remembered I had a series of unpacking to do.

But before anything I wanted to change out of these clothes and call Kyle, just to tell him I was safely in Connecticut now.

"Sup this is Kyle..." Disappointment grew when it sent me straight to voicemail.

"Hey Ky...." I began but a light knock at the door grabbed my attention. I stared for a moment and sat up on my bed preparing to go answer but the door shortly began to open slightly.

"Uh, good morning." My new and first student Justin said after taking a quick pause to check his watch said, his head pecking out from behind the door.