Not A Sentence

Not a Sentence

I was the subject, and I wish you were the predicate. But that would never happen because I was either a confused subject or an incomplete predicate. Our story has just started with a single sentence, yet it seemed like there's something off the line. They say a sentence should follow a subject-verb agreement, unlike us, we don't agree as other say. But so what, right? At least we could be just a phrase – we don't have to be complicated.

They say that we were a sentence fragment. We don't have a complete thought. We can never go far to those complicated sentences. But so what, right? At least we could be just a phrase – we don't have to make sense.

They say, a sentence should be read in different tones – excited, happy, sad or angry. But people would read us as if we were monotonous – same tone, same cycle. We don't care, right? At least we were just a phrase – they would never interfere.

A sentence ends with a period. It echoed in my mind. And so I thought, yes, it is how it is. I was happy. I bet you were, too. Because we were just a phrase – we don't have to end.

But it dawned to me. I want us to become more than just a phrase. I was wrong with the idea of us, as a phrase, that never has to end. They have all the rights and knowledge to come between us.

I wish we could be like a sentence, that even though it always ends, it is always whole in the first place.