Chapter 4, Part 1 - Him

4, Part 1

4, Part 1

It's an understatement to say that Lime Light is a very popular place.

The line of people outside wrapped around the corner and finding a decent parking spot was pure hell. Even from several feet away I could hear the music blaring from the inside of the club. Nervousness settles over me as we approach the entrance. I'm a bit out of my element tonight, but I said I'd come, so here I am.

"These heels are already killing me! When does the fun start?" I complained to Angela as the three of us walked straight up to the bouncer who stood guard outside the club's entrance.

People were looking at us hard, probably wishing that they were in our position. Some will definitely be out here for hours waiting to get in. Luckily for me, I'm best friends with Angela, which makes her connections my connections. That should make me feel more secure, but it doesn't. I actually feel a little ungrateful because part of me wishes I was home in bed. Not out walking the streets dressed in a skimpy purple dress and black pumps.

God, the things I do for my friends.

"Suck it up, Sierra. You look like sex on a stick! And everyone knows beauty is pain," Angela replied.

The way that she walked, you could tell that she was a woman soaring with confidence. She really knew how to work that little red dress on her tight petite body and she made sure everyone noticed.

"Hey, Matt!" Angela grinned at the mean-looking bouncer after we finally reached the front of the line. It felt like we'd been walking for an eternity, so I was relieved to finally be at the entrance. "Is it crazy in there tonight?"

Matt's cold expression changed within seconds as a bright smile crept onto his face "It's always crazy, gorgeous." He pulled back the rope to let us in and I guess that was that. "Have a good time tonight."

"We sure will, handsome." Angela winked at him, and then we all entered the club.

The place is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside. It isn't as packed as I had expected it to be. There were definitely a lot of people around, but it wasn't so tight that we were all body to body. But with all those people still standing outside, I'm positive the club will fill up before the night is over.

"Our area is in the back over there!" Angela shouted over the music while pointing to our own little restricted VIP area. Carlos and I followed closely behind her as she led the way.

"Are you serious with this?" I gasped in shock.

"Yeah, how did you set all this up?" Carlos asked.

I looked at him and he was smiling from ear to ear. He seemed so excited about tonight. I had a weird way of showing it, but I was happy to be here, too.

As we made our way to our VIP area, Angela replied with a wide grin, "I have my connections. And now that we all know where to go if we get separated later, let's first go to the bar and get some drinks!"