Chapter One

A tear fell down Anna's cheek as her and her siblings walked up the gravel drive of the house she spent most of her childhood in. Anna was a thin girl with short purple-dyed hair that went to her shoulders and fair skin, like her siblings. Her siblings all had well-kept brown hair and held themselves with a type of confidence Anna never quite understood or had. The four were walking to the old Victorian style home to clean out what was last of the remains of their deceased grandfather's stuff in his house. Grandpa Alistair, as Anna knew him, came to America from England and settled down in Maine in the late 1970's and had her mother with her Grandma Penelope, who died shortly after their mom's birth. Anna's grandfather was the most kind man Anna ever knew and the only one who approved of her dream to become an actress. "Never let anyone take this dream away from you," her grandfather said in his heavy British accent that comforted her when she was upset, or felt like she was nothing, "if I had given up on my dream I wouldn't have moved to America" he continued as he hugged her. Recollecting these memories made Anna feel even worse than she did the day of his funeral. Anna felt a hand on her shoulder, it was her twin brother, Neill. He gave her a reassuring look and said, "It'll be okay, it was hard on all of us when he passed. We'll get through this, I promise." Anna felt a bit better and returned his smile. They heard an obnoxious sigh from behind them. It was their older sister, Eleanor. "We have to help, stop moping and come on!" she said leading the youngest, Alan, towards the house, while he was carrying their dog, Caroline, in his arms. "Eleanor handles her emotions quite different than us, trust me she is upset too" Neill said, not quite sure of his own statement. Eleanor was a cold person who didn't really care for anyone but herself. Deciding to not waste anymore time Anna and Neill walked up the wooden stairs and into the almost empty house.