Ch. 5

Peeta and I walk into the bakery and see his father with a customer. We go behind the counter and Peeta hands me an apron.

"Who do we have here? Miss Katniss Everdeen! Nice to see you!" Mr. Mellark says to me after he is done with his customer.

"Hey Mr. Mellark. I'm just here to help Peeta." I say.

"What do I need to do today?" Peeta asks his father.

"Make the cheese buns and some cookies and then you kids can be done." He says with a smile, then walks away.

"Alright let's get started! First the cheese buns! You have to try one they are FANTASTIC!" Peeta says guiding me to the baking area.

"Okay how do we make these? Oh and just so you know.... I fail at baking so I will probably just watch you make everything." I say kind of laughing.

"No, no you came to help me and that's what you going to do!" He says. I laugh and agree.

We finish making the cheese buns (which are now in the oven) and are now making the cookies. I look at Peeta baking. He looks so peaceful. Then look at the flour we are using. I quickly grab a handful and throw it at him.

"Oh really? Your going to do that?" He says teasingly. He grabs a handful and throws it at me.

We are now in full out war with flour!

"Okay! You win! Let's finish making these cookies!" He yells.

"YAY! I am amazing!" I yell. I walk over to him and try to get the flour out of his hair. He looks at me and kisses me. Causing is to get more flour all over our faces. We pull apart and laugh. Just then we hear the oven timer go off. Peeta walks over and gets the cheese buns out of the oven.

"Here come try one!" He says, gesturing me to come over and try one. I take one bit and immediately love them.

"Oh my god Peeta! These are AMAZING!"

"I told you! Let's get these cookies in the oven and then we can talk." He says. What do we have to talk about? I'm confused. He puts the cookies in the oven and grabs my hand and takes me in the break room.

"What do we need to talk about?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing really, just that i don't care who you hang out with. I'm not the jealous type." He says.

"Are you kidding me Peeta?! You nearly cried when Haymitch called me sweetheart!" I say laughing.

"Well you know.... I didn't know what Haymitch meant and I didn't want to lose you." He says semi-laughing too.

"Well I guess you can get to know him more and realized he is messed up in the head and that he doesn't mean half the stuff he says!" I say.

"Okay fine." He says giving me a kiss when his brothers walk in.

"Woah, Peeta. When did this happen?" The oldest asks.

"Yeah. You went from a no girlfriend fag, to making out with some girl. And why are you guys covered in flour?" Says the one who looks slightly older than Peeta. I blush at what he says.

"Bryce, Kyle.... this is Katniss. Katniss this is Bryce. He is a couple years older than us. And this is Kyle. He is way older than us."

I mumble hi to them and wave.

"Hey Katniss! And you still have yet to answer my question." Bryce says flatly.

"We kinda got in a flour fight." Peeta says quietly. Just then the oven timer went off. We both get up and get the cookies out of the oven. We can finally leave now.

Just before we walk out of the bakery, I tell Peeta to go get his bathingsuit.

"Why?" He asks confused.

" Just trust me." I say and follow him up to his bedroom. He grabs his bathing suit.

We walk out of the bakery and Mr. Mellark yells, "Thanks for the help Katniss!" I say welcome.

We stop at my house and grab my bathing suit.

"Are you going to tell me now where we are going?" Peeta asks.

"Follow me." I say starting to walk out of the door when I hear my name being called.

"Prim, what's wrong?" I ask her and Rory. It looks like Rory has been crying.

"It's Gale. He is missing. We looked everywhere for him. Do you know where he is?" Rory asks me trying not to cry.

"No I don't. I'm sorry. But Peeta and I are heading into the woods, so I can look there." I say and they both nod.

"Come on Peeta we have to go find Gale." I say and we run to the fence. We both slide through it with ease.

"GALE!" We yell repeatedly. No answers. I'm really starting to get worried. Then I see it. Gale laying unconscious and the ground.

-----------------------------------

Kind of a short chapter. Vote, comment, share. Thanks!

~Jessica