Drunk

~~~

PREVIOUSLY:

I couldn't take this all in. Brad's dad was back.

~~~

Brad's POV

I threw myself onto my bed, bringing the bottle in my hand with me. I pulled the bottle back and gulped down the liquid. My head was spinning but that good feeling was back. How I had missed this.

I could hear Sammie's sobs outside my door, but honestly, I didn't care. No matter how much she cried wouldn't have changed those nights events. No matter how much she cried wouldn't change the fact that I was sitting here on my bed, drinking my feelings away. I had no idea that drinking could change your mood, but honestly I felt better.

As soon as I finished writing the report at the police station, I realised how shit my life was. Apart from Sammie, everything was bad. My grades because I skived off the whole of year 9 because I drank with my old girlfriend. But I couldn't even care less. Now the drink was back in my hand, I was happy again.

"Brad, let me in." Sammie broke down, knocking on my door.

"Go away, I don't need your sympathy!" I spat, I didn't.

"No, I need to talk to you. Let me in" She said, louder, making me reply no louder as well.

I heard her body slump up against the door, she was being stubborn. Two could play that game. I tilted my head back, finishing off my second bottle for today. I needed more. Not that I could buy it though, I was only 17, but I needed more alcohol. I'm sure someone would help me at the store.

I rolled off my bed, lying on the floor in a heap. With the rest of my energy left, I grabbed onto the doorhandle and I heard Sammie move her body away so I could get out.

"Stop" She said, pushing my shoulders, trying not to let me leave.

"Leave me alone." I shouted, pushing her up against the wall opposite.

Now, finally freedom. Now, time to drink more.

*

I stumbled the three streets towards the shop, I knew they had lots of alcohol. I had seen it before, I promised myself I wouldn't drink any longer. That lasted long.

The cold air blasted my hair as I staggered into the shop towards the alcohol. No one was there thank god. White wine. Nope. Red wine. Yes. Now let's find the best one I can buy with ten pounds, I whispered to myself. Perfect, I thought as I found my favourite. I took a bottle of the shelf. Reluctant to leave. I turned around and bashed a blonde boy behind me, looking at the fizzy drinks. Wow, he looked like fun. I smirked and walked towards the counter.

I felt a firm hand on my shoulder.

"Mate, don't think you should take a break on the drink for a while?" The blonde boy asked in a weird accent.

"You don't know me. Now go and buy all the diet coke you want, be careful not to get too drunk." I laughed, shaking off his shoulder and turning away.

For god sake, there it was again, the shoulder grip, accept he held his hand tighter on my shoulder so I couldn't move.

"No, stop. You are drunk enough already" He said, grabbing the bottle out of my hands.

"If you want your own drink, get your own. Oh wait, you are like 12, you can't."

"No, i'm 16. Can't buy drink anyway, but I am going to stop you buying some. You don't even look legal"

I put my face closer to his.