Chapter 4

"I'm really glad you said yes," Danielle said as she sat on the edge of her friend's bed, watching her get ready for her date with Henry. "I know that it isn't easy, but really, I'm glad you're going."

"It's just dinner, it's nothing crazy, I'm sure he's just doing it to be nice. One date doesn't equal a relationship," Elizabeth reasoned as she dug through her suitcase. "I really didn't bring clothes for this, considering I wasn't told to." She glared at her friend.

"And if I would have told, would you have come? Of course not. I'll go check my closet, see I can find you something 'date appropriate,'" Danielle she walked down the hall and into her room. She quickly returned with a pile of outfits still on their hangers and a bunch of accessories, dumping them all on the bed. "So do you know where you're going?"

"Not a clue," Elizabeth shrugged as she flipped through the outfits. "It should be interesting, considering the last time I went out on a date was about a million years ago."

"Well, I'm glad you're being open. Here," she handed her a navy colored lace dress, "try this one on, and this one too," she added floor length floral maxi dress on top. "I know it's not jeans and cowboy boots, but you'll survive."

"Yea yea," she shook her head and she walked into the bathroom, the dresses slung over her shoulder. She took the floral dress off the hanger and quickly threw it over her head. "Danielle! I cannot wear this!" Elizabeth threw open the bathroom door and walked out. The dress clung her to her petite middle accenting her waist. The deep v neck showed off her ample cleavage while the long slit in the front showed off her toned legs.

"Damn girl you look..."

"You can see my vagina," she rolled her eyes.

"Do you want Henry to see your vagina?" Danielle asked with a wink.

"No! Are you crazy? No way! I'm done, this is over," Elizabeth turned on her heel and marched back into the bathroom to change.

"Try on the other dress, it should be boring enough for you!" Danielle yelled through the door. "You're taking your vagina on this date if I have to strap you into his car myself."

"Who has a vagina?" Charlie asked as he cluelessly popped his head into the room.

"No one!" Elizabeth yelled from the bathroom.

"Liz doesn't want Henry to see her vagina."

"And on that note, I'm out of here," Charlie shut the door to the bedroom as quickly as he had opened it.

"So, what do you think?" Elizabeth asked as she stepped out of the bathroom, this time in the navy blue lace dress. The sleeveless sheath dress left little the imagination as to the shape of her figure, but the high neckline and knee-length cut, still left her feeling more secure and covered. She grabbed a tan belt and cream colored cardigan. "I suppose this one isn't so bad," she said as she leaned over to look at her backside in a full-length mirror. "I mean, I'd much rather wear boots, but I guess I can deal with the heels," she said as she slipped on a pair that matched her belt.

"You look amazing," Danielle wiped a fake tear. "It's like your growing up, and I'm sending you off to college," she sniffled.

"You know, I've been married before," Elizabeth walked in the bathroom to re-curl a few strands of hair and apply lip gloss. "I have kids too. I'm already grown, this is just..." she trailed off. "I don't know what this is exactly. I'm nervous. Is it too late to cancel?"

"Yes, it's too late to cancel. Let's go downstairs, I keep an emergency bottle of tequila in the kitchen," she grabbed her friend by the arm and led her down the stairs. She walked over to the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboard while Elizabeth took a seat on the couch. "Here, liquid courage," Danielle shoved the shot glass into her face while holding a second one for herself in her other hand. "1-2-3!" She exclaimed as they both slammed it back.