Without

I went back to castle after asking the Hatter attend the jousting event with me. He had said that, yes he would really like to spend the time with me.

"You did tell the Queen you would be late?" My driver asked.

"Of course I did!" I said. But he still rode the horse hard and fast. I wish he wouldn't because it was killing me.

When we arrived back at the castle I walked very slowly back to my apartments. When I opened the door to my bed chamber, I saw the Queen sitting of my bed.

"Is he coming?" the Queen asked, referring to the Hater and the jousting event.

"Yes, he is." I said.

"Good." She said. Then she started looking at me. She knew. Ohhh god, she knew. "You had some fun while you were out?" She asked, and for the first time I realized what this meant. I was no longer a virgin, meaning that if anyone found out then I would not be able to marry.

I sat down in front of her. "Yes. But you have to understand, the darkness has pushed us together! He has darkness too! Whenever we are together, the darkness is happy! It's like it's not even there!" I said.

"So you feel... Normal?" She asked.

"Yes!"

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you can't see him for a couple of days, not until the jousting event. I need you to finish my dress and any others that the women have asked for. You may go buy fabric if you need to, but your driver will tell me where you have gone." She said that then walked out of the room. I had only 2 more dresses to complete, and that was only fittings!

The next few days were horrible.

I sent the Hatter a letter, I told him that the Queen wouldn't let me go back to him, and he was still invited to the jousting event. He replied saying that he couldn't wait to see me. I was glad I wasn't the only one pining for the other.

I finished all the dresses and was paid by everybody, but the Queen who gives me a monthly allowance for my services. I decided with my extra money I would buy my a new dress. So I went to the Queen.

"Would you like for me to bring you something back?" I asked her.

"No thank you dear though, have fun!" was all she said. I decided to take my actual carriage, instead of just a horse.

The dress I picked out was red with a black bodice and red sleeves, and it had a read over coat since it would be chilly.

When I returned to the castle, I found it a buzz with excitement. I went to find the Queen.

"What is the news?" I asked her.

"I am to be married!" She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Really?" I said.

"Yes to the Red King." She said.

I paused, studying her face to be sure she was serious. "What has he threatened if you don't marry him?" I knew there had to be another reason than she just wanted to get married. She hates the Red King.

"He threatened to start war. I don't have the resources to fight him."

"You will kill him the first chance you get?" I asked.

"No, I might grow to like him! But be at peace, I have made precautions, he will not be able to interfere with the kingdom's business!" She said.

I smiled at her, and I backed out of the room. At dinner she told us that the Red King would be coming to the jousting event, which was now only a day away.