Chapter 2: Happy Birthday To Me

Jordan's POV

2 years later

Everyday is your birthday now hit the floor

Hit the floor, I say: hit the floor

Everyday is your birthday now hit the floor

Hit hit the floor, and dance like a white girl

My alarm clock sung at 12pm. I sat up in bed checking my notifications on my phone. I had 20 missed ones in all. Half were text messages from people wishing me happy birthday. The other half were social media messages doing basically the same thing.

"Birthdays aren't so happy anymore," I mumbled to myself walking to the bathroom removing the wedgie from my ass.

Yeah yeah. You must be thinking birthdays are a time to turn up like never before, but shit all a nigga wants to do nowadays is turn down. Why you ask? I'm a day older than Joydan without her here shit just ain't the same. I been living wreckless like no other.

But anyways, I did my hygiene thing, exited the bathroom, and got dressed in a white Aeropostale v-neck, red Levi's, black red and white 23 SnapBack, and my retro black and red J's. I hopped in the Chrysler on my way to visit Joydan cause tomorrow more than likely I have a killer hangover.

+

I arrived at the cemetery pulling right up to her headstone. She's off in a secluded area by herself. Her lot is an 8x10 gated area. I paid for it because I wanted the love of my life to have the best. How did I pay for it? I'm in the drug game. That's what I meant by living wreckless.

"What's up, ma? I know you have been watching me the last couple years asking God can you come down here and whoop my ass for the way I've been living my life, but shit the struggle is real. Without you my world has no meaning because you were it. I wish things could go back to the way they used to be. I wrote a poem expressing that (in the Media)."

I buried the poem in the ground all while I was trying to keep myself together, but the words to her favorite quote kept replaying in my head:"Crying isn't a sign of weakness. It's a sign of having tried too hard to be strong for too long." The fact that I got it engraved on a wristband only made it that much harder.

I haven't cried since the night I heard the news. I guess those tears were way over due because I broke down. When I finished, I told her I'll be back soon, laid down some fresh new daisies, and left.

Time to go to Wet Willie's for my drink of choice - Milagro - on the rocks. I'm turning up tonight. Too much on my mind. I'm hittting the damn club to pick up my next quick nut..so bitches get yo shit right because ya boy is looking for a bad ass fuck and duck!