Chapter 19

Amberly's POV

The shifter was staying in a townhouse just outside of College Station. I paid my suspicious Uber driver and left, taking in my surroundings as he sped away. It was large, and had two cars in front of it, a white Mercedes Benz and a black Hyundai. 

I walked up to the front door with a sigh and checked my gun, making sure I had silver bullets in. Tucking it into the waistband of my jeans, I knocked on the door gently. This would suck, but I had to do this so that I could get out of this stupid town as soon as possible.

A few moments later, a man with blonde hair opened the door. He had on jeans and  Blue Oyster Cult t-shirt on, black Converse to match. "UM, hi. Do you need something?" He asked. I smiled at him and brushed some hair behind my ear. 

"Yeah, so I'm just hitchhiking, and you're the only house around. I was wondering if I could just get a hot meal real quick, maybe a shower, and I'll be on my way." I said. I was tired and hungry, and I wanted to get something in my system before I killed this thing. He smiled at me and opened the door more, sweeping his arm in front of me in a 'Come on in' gesture. 

"Thank you so much." I said, smiling widely up at him. He was taller than me, and handsome by most standards. 

"Are you kidding? For a pretty girl like you, of course!" He said. I followed him inside to see two more shifters sitting at the kitchen table. They had coffee in their hands, and empty plates covered in crumbs in front of them. The house was modern, with steel appliances and granite counter tops. It felt as though they hadn't changed anything about it since moving in, which they probably hadn't.

I definitely nervous that there were three of them now, but I couldn't let that show. No, I had to play into the hitchhiker stereotype and act confident. The first one pulled out a chair, motioning for me to sit.

When I sat he said, "We just had breakfast... so bacon and toast sound good?" I nodded at him and he walked off into the kitchen. His "friends" turned to me questioningly as soon as he left.

"So why are you hitchhiking?" The one on the right asked me. He had salt and pepper hair, and a very large nose. I shrugged at him, right as the first guy came back with a heaping plate, sitting down in front of me.

"Thank you," I said. "So mister, I never caught your names." I began to dig into the bacon, which was crispy and crunchy, just how I liked it. They all exchanged an unreadable glance before the one on the left finally spoke. 

"I'm Richard, that's Tom, and the handsome one is Benedict." He brushed his dark hair out of his face and gestured to the one who let me in. I ate the last bit of bacon off of my plate with a small sigh and waved a little. 

"Nice to meet you guys." I said, pushing away the now empty plate of food. Richard picked it up and brought it to the kitchen. When he came back, he came over to me instead of sitting down and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Jeez, you're tense. You must be exhausted." He said, rubbing my shoulders. "Maybe you should go lay down upstairs." The other two just sipped their coffee quietly, and I couldn't help but think, Maybe this'll be easier than I thought. But no, never underestimate a creature like this. 

I nodded, and he took my hand, my other one clasping my bags tightly. He led me up the stairs and into a bedroom all the way down at the end of the hall. "You can rest here." He whispered. I nodded again and set my stuff down on the bed, unzipping one of them.

"Hey, Richard?" I said, silver knife in hand. 

"Hmm?" He said, turning around too slowly. I smiled wickedly and lunged. 

Dean's POV

Sam and I pulled up to the shifters hideout, a house on the outskirts of town. I brandished my gun, parked Baby, and ran inside as quickly as I could. 

As soon as I opened the door, the stench of blood hit me like a punch to the gut, making me gag and nearly groan, I prayed to all of the supernatural creatures out there that Amberly was okay. I signaled for Sam to go into the kitchen area while I went up the stairs. 

The house was deadly silent, and the smell of blood got worse as I made my way up the stairs. I saw blood on the walls, and I wanted to call out to her and make sure she was okay. But I kept my mouth shut and crept up the stairs faster. 

When I reached the top of the stairs, I saw three doors, one on either side, and a very ominous looking one in front of me. I took the side rooms first, not finding anything in there, just regular bedrooms. 

I gripped my gun tighter and walked forward, kicking the door open as I went. It was another bedroom, with a bed on the right next to a nightstand and a dresser. But everything was wrong. There was blood everywhere, and the entire left wall was covered in torture devices. (I couldn't tell if it was just a kinky thing or not.) 

I looked down at the ground, resisting the urge to cover my nose, and saw her there, kneeling in the middle of the room, back facing me, three mutilated shifter corpses scattered around her. It reminded me of her parent's bedroom, blood and flesh everywhere.

I waked over and placed a hand on her shoulder. She jumped and pulled a knife, forcing me to step away so as to not get stabbed. I held my hands up in surrender and lowered my gun slowly. She grunted in disgust and put her knife back on the bed, turning away again. 

I sighed and stepped over an arm to stand in front of her. I placed a hand on her chin in an attempt to get her to look into my eyes, but she yanked herself out of my grasp and turned away again harshly. 

"Amberly." I said frustratedly. "Look at me." She finally did, but her eyes were clouded with rage and tears. 

"What? Just leave me alone so I can go on with my life and get out of this stupid town." She snapped. "My parent's instructions didn't go past--" She cut off abruptly. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion and spoke.

"Instructions?" I asked. She merely shrugged weakly and looked away, going to walk away. I sighed and tried to grab her arm before she could walk away again, but she pulled away, again. I groaned at her stubbornness, yanking at her and pulling her into a hug. 

At first she was resistant, but eventually melted into my body, mumbling into my chest. "I just wanna go home..." She said. I shushed her, and began ti whisper nothings into her ear, stroking her hair soothingly. 

After a moment Sam showed up, giving me an questioning look, me giving a helpless one in return. He rubbed his face and stepped over the bodies, placing a hand on her shoulder. She shuddered and pulled away from me, leaving my body feeling cold and empty without her warmth.

"I... Amberly, look..." Sam started to speak, but she waved him away and grabbed her bags off of the bed, tucking her knife into her tall boot. 

"Just... leave me alone. Goodbye Winchesters. Catch you on the flip side." She said, and then she left. And we didn't try to stop her. Just like that, she was gone.