Letting go and growing up, alone

"One thing we always knew was that, this was never going to be permanent. We knew this.. so why does this hurt so damn much? We both knew you were going to leave. But now that the time has come I cant stand to look at you.
  You lied to me. You told me that no matter how we parted, it was never going to be a permanent goodbye. But now look at us.. I practically despise you, and you want nothing more than to leave me.
  Leave me for this new world that you're going out to see.. alone.
  Alone, is how I began and now, alone is how I'll end. I guess some of us are just not meant to grow up. You were never meant to grow up, but that's because you'll always be nieve in the way you view that world. And I'll never grow up in the way, that I never was a child. When I was young I had an old soul. I never had time to be a child. I grew up too soon and now I'll never know what it was like to be a child.
  How could I ever be with someone who is blessed to be a child for eternity?
  We need to let go, and grow up. There's no way around it. Maybe if we let go, you'll grow up and I'll finally know what it's like to be a child. Maybe you'll find someone who can show you how to be mature. And maybe I'll find someone who can show me how to be a child.
  But we'll never know if we're holding Dave other back. So good bye my dear.
             Let me go, and grow up, alone."