•chicago•

"ᴏʜ, sᴘᴀᴄᴇs ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴜs ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ ɪᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ʏᴀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ"

~ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'sᴘᴀᴄᴇs'

"It's so great to see you Lou. I'm so glad we stopped by the city." I said and Louis just chuckled as he slipped my jacket off my arms.

"Chris called us as soon as you left. How are you holding up?" He asked hanging up my jacket before we seated in the living room.

"It's been fine. Nik-Klaus has his moments but my life hasn't been in danger once since being with him I can't say the same from normally when I'm in Mystic Falls." I said almost slipping up and saying Nik but blended it into his full name.

"That's good we've been worried about you. How did you get away and how much time do you have." Louis asked and I smiled with a shrug.

"I didn't get away. Klaus trusts me, not a lot just enough to keep busy while he's off doing supernatural things. He's going to call when he needs me." I said and Louis squinted accusingly. He felt the Argent girl seemed all too comfortable with the evil Hybrid and he was right.

"All this to save a bloodsucker Al?" He asked and I shrugged.

"No judging okay? You haven't been living in Mystic Falls. It's not about who's a vampire it's about who's the worst vampire." I said and Louis held hands up in surrender but didn't drop the topic.

"So Klaus then?" He asked and I chuckled.

"No technically Elijah. Klaus is a Hybrid now." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Did you know Elijah was once in love with my doppelgänger?" I asked him and he looked hesitant but proceeded.

"Only from my ancestors journal. Marie Jeanne's father promised to marry a man of my bloodline in return for land in France. That how our families became so close." Louis said and I was surprised.

"She didn't go through with it for Elijah?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No she never had the chance because while on a hunting trip a group of our ancestors were murdered and that's where his journal ends." He said and my eyes widened.

"Do you think Elijah killed them so he could have her to himself?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't Al but I'd say it's a safe assumption." He said and I frowned a bit.

"When did things get so crazy?" I asked thinking back at how chaotic life has gotten.

"You tell me Al." He said and I sighed. I couldn't tell him because I didn't know myself.

"Do you know anything else about Klaus and his family that could help?" I asked him.

"I know there was originally five siblings. Four boys and a girl. You've already met Niklaus and Elijah. The others have mysteriously disappeared." Lou said. It wasn't mysterious, he was carting them around in the other coffin but I remember counting five coffins. Does Klaus have his own?

My phone rang causing Louis' eyes to widen. I went to go answer it but he grabbed my hand.

"Don't. We can take you to France, we'll hide until we find a way to take him down. You don't have to go back." He said nervously. Louis didn't know, this could be the last time he saw her alive if she went back to him.

"I'm not a runner Lou. I'll be safe with him he hasn't given me a reason to think otherwise." I said pulling my hand away. He knew if necessary she could fight her way out but he wasn't worried about that he was worried about how comfortable she was becoming with him