Chapter One

Strange green eyes gazed down at the letter, that still held traces of the owner's sunflower and carmel scent. The unusual combination brought upon memories that were suppressed for centuries up until this letter was found. Reminiscing the face of the youthful woman with earthly green eyes and copper gold hair left a distressed frown upon the onlooker's face. She knew that the life she had before immortality was forever gone but she couldn't help but wish that she could go a century back in time to where her mother was still alive. The time where she didn't have to worry about the destruction of her family. However, time never stops moving. It's in constant motion and whatever happens, happens. The moment permanently written down in the book of tragic events. The letter was the only thing that was spared from fate. It remained in same condition as when it was created. And unfortunately, It reminded the girl of the family that left her alone. The father who died, not too long after the mother. The brother, who was not far behind. Left the girl to the awful clutches of immortality where she would never die. Never get old. And never forget.
Despite what she is now, the features that she was blessed with at birth remained. The only difference is that the beauty she already had was enhanced. From her sun-kissed hair to the glistening soil like copper at her roots, that flowed past her shoulders in natural waves, framing the soft diamond shape of her face. Her pale complexion became more marble like and translucent. It gave her an unworldly glow as well as made her look more fragile than glass but she was far from it. Faded green eyes, reflected the years of pain and loneliness that she's felt for over a hundred years. From the day she was born, her looks were ridiculously similar to that of her mother. So much so that people often mistook them for sisters. Despite what they looked like, their personalities were completely different. The girl has always questioned the things that she could not change. She always wanted the best for the people who showed her kindness and respect while her mother opened her heart to those who did not deserve it. She showed kindness to every one and everything no matter what mistake they've decided to make. For those reasons, those close to her loved and hated that at the same time. They loved how she would almost never get angry but they hated how defenseless she made herself. Not only was she open to lessen the hurt of others but she knowingly opened herself to receive the hurt of others as well.
     The soul that the girl once had went missing. It disappeared yet waiting was still present somewhere in her shell of a body. The memories that rushed into her brain, reopened the wound inside her unbeating heart. And at that moment, she knew she couldn't keep running from herself, she has to confront what was keeping her from moving forward. It was a journey that she tried to avoid for a very long time.
       A sigh passed the lips of the blonde as she stood from her sitting position. For the first time since that day, she has finally decided to recognize the person she has become. Eveline Cordelia Mason, deceased daughter of the remaining members of the Mason Family? No, she was now just Eveline. A vampire nomad that was turned at seventeen and was given the "gift" of manipulating the mind and soul of any individual. Despite the belief that vampires do not possess a soul, is false. Just like an human, the soul is what gives them life so that the other parts in the body can function properly. And even though vampires are techinally not among the living, they still have a soul that holds their personalities and keeps their brain from dying. The magic of immortality has literally frozen everything so the senses that cannot be used normally are enhanced in order for the shell of the vampire to be able to operate without the heart. Eveline, on the other hand, is a different case. While majority of the vampire population, has little to no memory of their human lives and loses the color of their eyes. Eveline's remained. She can remember every moment of her human life up until what happens afterward. She knew she was special and she used it to her advantage.
Eveline avoided the presence of other vampires and decided the attempt to blend in with the human population. Although it was quite difficult to do so, considering how her beauty always attracted attention. Eveline craves for normality. She wanted to feel human so they she didn't have to think of what she lost. But like every situation, being a vampire did have it's benefits. Super speed being one and super strength being another. It did come in handy when an escape was necessary. She'd be able to vanish and not have worry about people trying to follow her but being a vampire also had it's casualties. She could no longer enjoy human food, for it had no taste and provided nothing for her health. Her gift did allow her to manipulate herself to eat the food so that it was easier to blend in.
Everyone, at some point in their life, experienced something painful that remained in the brain's storage. Eveline was no different. The thing she's witnessed mentally scarred her, which caused her to develop a barrier around her heart to shield herself. Her emotions became guarded but she didn't let people in easily despite her having the ability to judge a character based on their souls. Eveline did not enjoy pretending to be someone she wasn't but when around humans who were always skeptical of those different. Eveline wanted to be able to be herself so she decided to go to a place that allowed her to be what she was. She wouldn't have to worry about hiding her nature from those who wouldn't understand. Somewhere that also didn't have so much sunlight. It wasn't that the sun affected her in any way. Her skin didn't glisten like other vampires but it did irritate her. It gave off more of a shimmer rather than glow. It was equivalent to a human's skin when it sweated, which was convenient. Eveline simply to live normally. She just wanted to isolate herself for a while just so she focus on herself. After looking through possible places to live, she came across a city called Forks that didn't have much a population. It rarely received any sunlight and was basically surrounded by nature. It was perfect.