Chapter 5

MITCH

And then suddenly I feel myself leaning in...

Scott's lips collide with my own. I scoot over on the bench, wanting to be closer to him. He puts his arms around me, pulling me closer still. Not that I mind.

But we've barely known each other for a day, now that we're older, and we're making out on a park bench.

I don't want to rush things too fast. That wouldn't be good for either of us, but...I need him.

Oh my gosh, I sound so desperate.

I pull away and turn my face, not making eye contact. He moves his arms from my waist just so he can hold my hands in his. My hands feel so small and child-like in his.

"Mitch? Are you okay?" he asks gently.

"I-" I choke out, my voice raspy. I clear my throat and try again. "I don't want to rush things. I don't..."

There's so many things I can't say: I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to scare you away, I don't want to get too attached and then have you leave me, I don't want you to see the real me.

"I understand. And listen, if you're worried about me, Mitch, I'm fine. But if its you, I'm fine with that too. I'll do anything you want if-" he stops abruptly. I intertwine our fingers and give his hands a squeeze.

"If what?" I ask.

"-If that means I get to be with you," Scott says quietly.

I feel myself blushing. Nobody has ever said anything like this to me before. I don't know what to do, what to say. I haven't had any experience with relationships, and Kirstie has only been in one, which wasn't even really a real relationship. I stammer awkwardly, searching for the right words. I'm going to screw everything up, I know it.

"Scott, I'm really bad at this. I haven't ever been with anyone, and I'm a mess, and..." I hear myself say. God, I'm so stupid.

Scott smiles sweetly at me. "Mitch, I don't care. I barely have any experience either. I've never been with a boy before. It's fine," he assures me.

I look at him and he grins. I can't help but smile back. "You're sure?"

"Yep. Now, would you let me take you on a real date tonight?" Scott asks.

I blush again. "Of course."

He kisses my cheek and stands up, still holding onto my hands. For the rest of the day, we talk and laugh and flirt. It's the happiest I've been in... well, a long time.

A/N: I know it was short, sorry! But good things (and some bad) are to come! Do you guys like this story so far? I hope you dooo!

So at least 5 votes for the next chapter maybe? Love you guys! Stay fcute!