1

You might be thinking... Who is Malinda? What IS Malinda? First of all, Malinda is just an ordinary girl who lives an ordinary life in an ordinary village. If you can't tell that was sarcasm. This relates to the second question you may be thinking 'What is Malinda?', Malinda is definitely NOT ordinary. She is Half Human and Half Dragon, which is very unlikely in the world she lives in. In her world, the dragons and humans are at conflict all the time, so now you're probably thinking: 'So how is she Half Human and Half Dragon?'
I will explain.
Malinda's mother was a beautiful woman, ginger  that would seam to float in a summer breeze, enchanting green eyes and usually wore a flower in her hair. Her personality was the most loving you could find, although she didn't know how to stand up for herself and was incredibly sensitive. However, that didn't stop her from falling in love with a dragon, which turns out to be Malinda's father. He was strong, and brave when he wanted to be. He knew how to stand up to people, which Malinda's mother could not.
Malinda's parents were disapproved everywhere they went, being called names, being beat up but they didn't let it get them down. Although, when Malinda's mother gave birth, her father was not there to see, which caused great grief to her mother.
Her father had been killed the day before she had been born by a group of protestors that also did disapprove of their love. The reason? The Dragonian War. The Dragonian War is just terrible, people screaming, crying, dying. The opposing sides were the Dragons and the Humans, as you may have guessed. It's still going on.
A decade after Malinda was born, her mother died from a sickness she just couldn't handle anymore, leaving Malinda orphaned for the entire world to see. She was not loved. She was not cared for. She was hated by everyone who saw her, her green eyes, her ginger hair and her black wings and black tail.
Nonetheless, she tries to stay happy when things are dark, even when they are just too painful any other human, or Dragon could bear. Do you know why?
Because she's Malinda, Born in Two Worlds. This is not a fairytale, this is fantasy.

(Oh cheezits that was probably the worst first chapter 1 I ever written.)