ii

i love it when it rains.

" The Hero Killer Stain has yet to strike again, but our prayers go to the families with relatives in hospital

" The Hero Killer Stain has yet to strike again, but our prayers go to the families with relatives in hospital. "

Sero put the spoon in his mouth, crunching on the multi coloured cereal.

" In other news, the mysterious hero fans have dubbed Moon Rider has struck again last night, saving a whole five-people family from a burning building. If you're have anymore information about the Moon Rider, please call the number on the screen right now. The hero community encourages- "

The boy was sitting cross-legged on his bed, a bowl of cereal in his hand, next to him his notebook which he was trying to do his homework from.
The TV was buzzing in the background quietly, barely getting any attention from the ravenette sitting on his bed; he was far too concentrated on trying to remember the three rules you have to follow as a hero.

After a few minutes of intense staring at the page, he groaned, and threw it off his bed, and got up, placing the empty bowl on his night stand.

He travelled over to his window, and cracked it open, inhaling the sweet and crisp morning air-

Hanta's eyes travelled to the house across the street, and his lungs froze in the process of exhaling.

The same face he had seen a few days ago was standing in the window, a confused yet interested expression on their face- thy seemed to be looking at the kids playing tag further up the road.

They looked up at Sero's house for a second, and went back down-
Only to come back up to Hanta's window in slight panic.

The two looked at each other, their eye contact like a thousand words; Sero had a small smile on his face but the girl still looked at him with fear.

After a second, the black-haired boy lifted his hand up, waving at the girl hesitantly, the sleeves on his roomy shirt pulling back and showing his elbows, which Sero was surprisingly insecure about.

The girl's fear changed into a far more quizzical emotion, her eyes looking at his elbows with interest.

Hanta smiled humourlessly, and pointed to his elbows, to which the girl nodded, and he pulled his arm up, accidentally shooting a piece of tape out at her house-

The girl fell backwards in surprise, and there was nothing to be seen in the other window, and Sero's face was one of utmost horror-

Until the girl's face came back into view, her mouth open and eyes closed in merry laughter.

Hanta was mesmerised in the way she smiled and laughed, and he smiled back at her sheepishly.

Her eyes seemed to look for something out of view, and she picked it up, her tongue sticking out in the momentary concentration.

The ravenette looked at her curiously, craning his neck to try and see what she was doing, until she pressed the piece of paper she had in her hands against the glass, a happy and bright smile on her face.

The girl had written something in large, bold writing, and Sero squinted to try to read it.

' 𝓱𝓮𝔂 ! 𝓲'𝓶 𝔂/𝓷 ! 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮 ? '