❝ tender trouble. ❞

// " tender trouble."

Zonnique walked to her closet. She stood for a minute to see what she would like to wear.

"What am I gonna' wear?"

She pulled out a floral dress, and her white sandals. She stepped in the bathroom, taking her shower, and other feminine things. She put her hair in a tight bun.

Zonnique smiled, walking out of her room, to wait downstairs for Brandon. She sat down, and crossed her legs.

minutes passed, Brandon was there to pick her up. He showed up at the door, in nice attire. Zonnique was actually stunned at his posture, and attitude. ... it was nice.

" .. Brandon, wow.." she smiled,

Zonnique couldnt stopped grinning.

Just like on one of those cliche movies, he pulled a a bouquet of flowers from behind his back handing them to her.

She smiled from ear to ear as he hugged her, " hey Zonnique." Zonnique could smell the cologne on his body.

"... Hey Brandon. " she giggled. As he pulled away she could see a little tattoo on his neck.

They had got situated in the car, and backed out.

For them this was new. Who would've thought Candace's ex, and the highschool 'dropout' would ever be out on a date.

Brandon pulled into a little restaurant at the towns carnival.

Brandon turned his car off.

"Wow." Zonnique said and smiled.

"Ok, you ready?" Brandon asked her.

Zonnique grinned and nodded. He nodded getting out of the car, to open Zonnique's door.

Brandon waited on Zonnique before they both walked into the little restaurant.

"Well, whatchu' think? what's your impression on me Niq?" He grinned, leaning his head to the side.

She squinted her eyes, chuckling. " Boy, I've had plenty of first impressions on you." She smiled.

"... but this is very nice thank you for all this."

A gentle smile came across his face, " it's only starting."

The two spent the whole time chatting, and eating before they headed out to play the carnival games.

Zonnique grabbed an gavel to the strong man game, and swung it.

It just barely missed the ringer. " Ha!" Brandon laughed, " lemme' show you how it's done."

Zonnique crossed her arms, and shifted her weight to her back leg grinning. " ok, mr man."

Brandon lifted the gavel and swung it. The ball made the ringer buzz off. He smirked at Zonnique.

The staff handed him a mini teddy bear, he grabbed it, and handed it to Zonnique.

She lightly took it, smiling.

" Ok, ok whatever, let me show you my skills in bumper cars boy."

She gently grabbed his hand, and stared at him for a second. He smiled, and nodded.

They rode the bumper cars, and played more, and more games.

Brandon bought them, a shareable slushy.

Zonnique remembered her curfew, the two headed back to the car, and back to her home.

Brandon parked the car in the driveway, and put it in park.

Zonnique sat back a little in the seat, gathering her purse.

".. um, thanks for tonight, seriously." she smiled glances at him.

" You know it's my pleasure ma." he grinned. " Want me to walk you to the door? "

Zonnique nodded before stepping out of the car.

He gently grabbed her hand, a tingle shot through her body.

They made it to the door, and both heavily sighed. " Damn, tonight's been a night to remember for me." he smiled.

".. why?" she asked looking down. "Because I got to take you out, i love your wild side, but this calm side looks great on you."

Zonnique's cheeks turned a rosy red. " Brandon, it was nice seeing a different side of you as well." he placed a kiss on her cheek.

" I would love to take you out again." he smiled, hugging her goodbye and walking to his car.

Zonnique watched as he drove off. She kept grinning.

She walked into her room sitting her things down, and plopping on her bed.

" Holy shit, my phone!" she jumped up rambling through her things.

She left it on Brandon's dash.

meanwhile...

Zonnique's phone began to ring. Brandon scrunched up his eyes before answering it out of curiosity.

"um, hello?"

" Hey, Zonnique?"

Brandon smirked, he knew this voice very well.

" Oh shit, this Rjay?" he laughed.

"...why you picking her phone up? who this?" he asked in a irritated tone.

"It's me fuck boy, Brandon." he laughed.

Rjay ran his hand over his face. " Man what you doing with her?, why the fuck you with her?"

Brandon sat back in the car seat. "chill, no trouble man, i took her on a date aight."

Rjay sighed, and hung up the phone, shaking.

".. Jay did you tell her?" Kamielle asked wiping her eyes.

" Kamielle, get out my face!" He growled sitting his phone on the counter.

"I-I'm sorry, I just didn't want to have any trouble when I saw her! y'all had a thing!" she stuttered.

" kamielle, how in the FUCK am i gonna tell her I got you pregnant? huh?"

She sat in front of him, grabbing his hand.

He snatched away from her squinting his eyes. " you think this is ok? im 17! I'm too young for this shit!"

".. you weren't to young to sleep with me." she mumbled grabbing her items.

" shut the hell up, it was all you. we not even together, my moms don't know, and you're kicked out of your foster home, I'm screwed." he sighed.

She looked down sighing, ".. not necessarily..."

" what you mean kami?"

"... I could- I could abort the baby jay."

He sighed as he stood kissing her cheek, and rubbing her cheek before walking off.

i sorta rushed this! I'm sorry for the late post! if errors were made, forgive me. [ this wasn't my best.]