VIII- Falling in Love

Percy

The next morning I walked out of my house to see Calypso smiling on the beach up at me. I walked to her and hugged her tight, holding her for a little while as the sun rose high in the sky.

We then sat down to eat breakfast. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good, I guess," Calypso gave me a small smile. "Better than usual."

"I've slept good since I got here," I said.

Calypso looked up at me for a moment. "Are you going to build a boat and leave?" She asked in a small voice.

"No," I replied.

Calypso looked relieved. "Percy, I-"

"Calypso." I said, breaking the silence. "For the past few days... well, week, I've been here, you've introduced me to a new feeling. I've been wanting to see you since Tartarus, and the feelings grew on me secretly. Finally, I sought you out, and here we are. I'm not leaving."

Calypso stared at me, and then jumped across the table, tackling me. She kissed me and we sat there laughing.

"Perseus Achilles Jackson," Calypso said. "The things you do..."

"I have no duties," I said. "I didn't think I'd ever have priorities... but... you became one of them."

Calypso kissed me again. "You're so much more than just a hero, Percy."

We sat there enjoying the day, and walked down the beach. That night I kissed her goodnight before walking back to my house.

The next day I woke up extra early and went into the woods to get her some flowers just to be nice. When I arrived at her door, she hugged me and kissed me. "You're so sweet," she whispered in my ear.

I looked around. "You've got some things that need fixing," I noted. I began fixing certain things around her cave that needed some repairs. I'm no son of Hephaestus, but I have some basic work skills.

For the next 2 weeks (2 weeks island time, mind you) we enjoyed each other's presence, eating together, walking down the beach, exploring the woods, fixing up the island to make it better, swimming in the surf, goofing off, and just talking. I'm not sure how long it was in mortal time, but something had changed in me...

I knew.

I had fallen in love.

Neither of us had confessed our feelings much, and we'd never done anything too intimate, therefore I hadn't broke my oath...

But now...

I knew I had fell in love with her.

She was beautiful, caring, funny, and I remember that first time I realized I didn't know if I could live without her.

But I hadn't said a word about it.

It was supper time one night, when I told her.

"Calypso," I said carefully. "I'm never leaving you alone again. Never. I'm here to tell you... I love you. Purely. I never thought I would fall in love again, but you're too irresistible. I couldn't help it. I can't help falling in love with you."

Calypsos eyes widened, and then thunder rumbled in the distance. She jumped on me and kissed me. "I love you so much Percy Jackson." The Island began to shake.

"What's happening?" I asked, interrupting our kiss.

"I've been freed," Calypso said. I looked around. "Freed of my curse."

"I broke an oath..." I said slowly.

Calypso stared at me. "What?"

"I swore to never fall in love again..." I said.

Calypso studied me. "I'm not sure if I should love you more for that or be scared. You're immortal now, she can't hurt you."

I hugged her tightly, and we stayed like that all night.

For another week, we remained happy together. I held her tightly, kissed her with everything I had, and told her how I felt. We wrote love letters and stuck them on each other's for every day, and had hundreds of inside jokes. It was almost like paradise.

But... being Percy Jackson, I never have paradise for too long.