Separation

It had been a few days after I got my chibis, and everything was amazing. Syo and Otoya were just amazing company to have with their bright and energetic personalities. Since I felt bad that they've been cooped up in the house for a while, I thought it'd be a good idea to take them out shopping. Because chibis had become so popular there were now stores and even hospitals for them. We had decided to go to one of the new stores that opened up near my house to get them some actual furniture and clothes, and I invited (friend) to join us. She had been wanting to meet the guys from the day I got them, and I thought now would be a great time. As soon as I woke up I hopped in the shower and did my normal morning routine. I then went over to the little rooms I made for Syo and Otoya to wake them up. We then headed to the store as soon as they were ready to go. When we arrived, I saw (friend) waiting for us.
"Hey (friend), sorry if we made you wait." I apologized as I walked up to her.
"Oh don't worry about it. I was a little early anyway." (friend) laughed. We went inside and had a blast. (Friend) offered to take one of them around to shop and Otoya ended up going with her. Syo and I separated from them and shopped on our own. The store was huge and we shopped for almost 6 hours. Syo and I got quite a few things and I saw it was the same for (friend) and Otoya when we met back up with them to checkout. (Friend) actually offered and ended up paying for Otoya's things. I also noticed that the two had gotten pretty close over the past few hours.
The four of us decided to go out to dinner and when the time came to leave I could see that both Otoya and (friend) were pretty sad. "Can I talk to you for a minute (friend)?" I asked.
"Sure." she responded skeptically as we both got up from the table and headed to a private area.
"Look (friend), I can see that you and Otoya have gotten pretty close. Would you like to take him with you?"
"What?! I can't do that." (friend) said, but I could tell she really wanted to.
"Why not? You have what it takes to take care of him and I can see he really likes you. Normally you are only suppose to have one chibi, so if you and Otoya agree then I think it would be best for him to live with you."
"Really (Y/N)?"
"Really (friend). All I want is for the two of you to be happy."
"Well then we'll leave it up to Otoya." (friend) said. I nodded in agreement, and we headed back to the table. After we payed the bill we all left and got ready to go home, but one thing still needed to be addressed.
" Otoya, (friend) and I had something to ask you." I said to the little red-head sitting in (friend)'s palm.
"What is it?" he questioned.
"Well, we talked about it and wanted to ask you if you would rather live with me." (friend) said awkwardly.
"Really?" Otoya asked.
"It's completely up to you. I saw just how happy you were with (friend) today and I thought maybe you would want to live with her."
"It's completely your choice though." (friend) finished. Otoya looked between the two of us and then to Syo - who was sitting on my shoulder.
"Do whatever will make you happiest Otoya." Syo said and gave a thumbs-up. Otoya thought about it for a minute and then looked up at me.
"Well, if it isn't any trouble, I would like to live with (friend)." Otoya said shyly.
"Of course." I said happily. "But just remember that you always welcome at my house." I said as I pet his head with my pointer finger. "Take good care of him (friend)." I said as I pulled away.
"I promise I will." she said as she grabbed Otoya's bags. "I'll come pick up his stuff tomorrow then. See ya." (friend) smiled as her and Otoya headed to her car.
"Well then, ready to go home?" I asked Syo.
"Yeah." Syo yawned in response. I giggled a bit and then started the short walk home.

Sorry it's been so long and that I basically removed Otoya from the story. I just had some ideas for this story and have Otoya would make it a bit complicated. Maybe someday I will write a chibi Otoya story where the friend in this story is the reader of the Otoya story. That probably won't happen for a while though just because of school. Alrighty then, I'll see you in the next chapter.