I'm Blaire

Slowly, the moving black hole that was the vehicle came into view of a large building. The place looked brand new and had at least ten floors. It looked as if I were being brought to a Trial. Trials, although common, were only ever heard about, never seen. The rich and the important, according to the rumor, tortured people from Man's Last Stop here. People they took on The Third. They said it was, however terrible, more merciful than what were to happen if you were brought to the Square.

As the van turned into the long, winding path leading to the main entrance, my heart began to burst from my chest. Official looking people stood, strangely saluting the van. As I looked around, the Man Who Calls Me Blaire was saluting back. I dared not move, or speak, I was too frightened of what was to come.

The Man Who Calls Me Blaire looked back at me with confusion as the van came to a stop.

"This was always your favorite part of visiting your boyfriend at work, your big entrance." I was confused. I never liked attention. Every moment that passed since I woke up I became more and more confused.

I decided to play along," I'm still a bit tired. Waking up from a coma and all." I nudged him with my elbow and led myself out of the government vehicle. This charade felt like my only chance at survival.

I began to wave to the 'employees'. My split second decision to pretend to be the all confident Blaire seemed shotty at best. Deadly at worst. I wasn't sure how to play the game I had suddenly decided to sign up for.

I marched confidently, leading my entourage to the looming government building. They can't see me break character.

"So, Sweetie, you finally gonna accept you're Blaire? Or do ya really remember?" A guard whispered to me with a thick southern accent.

I was hoping this wasn't a trick question. "I'm starting to remember. Get out of my way!" Blaire seemed like the rude type from the memories I was told.

"That's my Blaire," The Man Who Calls Me Blaire announced, "remember, you're the boss around here!" I must've been putting on a really good performance. And I had barely begun.