Chapter 1

Meeting you was fate. Becoming your friend was a choice. But falling in love with you was beyond my control.

"A little walk won't hurt anyone." I said to myself as I closed the door behind me and headed down to the nearby town park. The park was not too far away from my place but going out in such a sunny weather wasn't exactly my go-to mood. Hot summer days with a scorching sun makes me want to just lock myself at home and laze around. However, this was not the case today; I was starting college tomorrow and I desperately needed to get to know the town a little bit more since from the very beginning of moving here I didn't step foot out of the house.

I left the place with just a book in hand. I always liked to carry a novel with me to read whenever I went out; it helped pass time.

My eyes squeezed shut the minute I stepped out, the hot summer sun shining on my face. I hissed at the sudden increase in light intensity. "I'm turning into a vampire, that's for sure." I mumbled to myself as I crossed the crowded street.

The town was bustling with people today. Pedestrians crossing the streets, drivers taking off in their all-but-fancy cars, shopkeepers tending to their duties and little kids running around. Making my way through the crowd, my tiny form didn't exactly help. I squeezed my way through barely able to catch my breath as the people were squishing the living daylights out of me.

"What's with the many people today?" One person zoomed past me in a hurry colliding with my shoulder in the process. I massaged my shoulder as I glanced back at his speeding form when out of a sudden another person ran into me causing me to hit the floor. "Ok, no that's too much."

The man who seemed to be in a hurry didn't even spare me a glance as he continued typing into his phone and walking. "Yah! Watch where you're going!" I yelled back at him as I struggled to get back up, much to my dismay he didn't even acknowledge the incident.

"He's definitely going to get hit by a car if he doesn't stop texting." I dusted my outfit and continued walking to the park.

Minutes later, the rusty green park gates came into view. "Let's just hope there are no obnoxious kids." I entered the place, keeping a look out for any person who might run into me. The park was much bigger than I expected for such a small town, I walked deeper and deeper into the place. At one part of the park there was barely any human being walking around and much to my preference this was the perfect place; limited contact with humans.

A little trail of stones embedded between the bed of grass caught my attention and I started walking on the pathway balancing myself on the little rocks. Maintaining my balance on each rock I opened my book that I brought with me and started reading as I wobbled around on the pathway.

Much too engrossed in the book, I barely took notice of where I was walking. But the area was practically empty, so what could happen anyway? Everything was quiet, and I was getting sucked further and further into the events of the book that lay in my hands.

"WAIT WHAT HE DIES?! NO!" My eyes widened at the unexpected turn of events in the book, then I remembered I was in a public place and my gaze shifted to my surroundings as I pursed my lips. "He dies?" I lowered my voice to an almost hushed tone as I resumed walking and reading, returning to my own imaginary world.

"But that doesn't make se-" A strong impact fell on me and I landed on the floor. The book dropped from my hands and my back hit the gritty floor. This was the 3rd time in a day I get hit by someone and I was starting to grow angry.

"Do you people not have any sense of direction when you're walking?" I got back up on my feet and fixed my outfit. "Like are you blind or something cause I really can't bear with this bulls-"