Chapter 22: The Invitation

If you are reading this on any other platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk of malware , visit https://www.wattpad.com/story/27985436?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=awesomepersian&wp_originator=fbQkJRNrkmymERKlPOLbiJFnU%2FEGw2V0yITCGnKfr2wcWd7hNMEYgLJV7WAsOdxE4ArkszylLJwn2WIAlEFPIgUfZjJiX5dTgTChgIhlQXhsn4MQpbGJX9qdFs94B%2Bz%2B

Callie's pov:

"Callie!"

I looked up from my shoes and saw mr dad dude looking at me.

"Is everything okay?" He said in a worried tone.

"Yeah I just probably need sleep," I said as I nodded my head reassuring him.

"Yeah of course! I'll lead you to your room."

I nodded my head and remembered fairy's words

I can trust him.

As we got away from the rest of the group I whispered, "could I talk to you in private? Like in a soundproof room where no one hears anything?"

"Of course sweetie," he nodded his head, "I'll take you to my office."

He walked up the flight of stairs and I followed behind him.

He walked into that same bloody room.

"Why are we going there?"

"It's my office."

"It's bloody," I stated bluntly.

He nodded his head and walked in.

"Come on, come with me," he said somewhat darkly.

I widened my eyes but the fairy did say to trust him.

He proceeded to walk towards the dead body and poked its nose then the door behind us closed and the bloody wall opened.

He walked into the now open wall and told me to follow him, I walked in behind him to see a very big office with a library to the left.

The big brown desk had white designs all over it.

"My mate used to like to draw so she decorated the table and she was the one that gave me the idea for this room... so everyone would be too scared to come in... I remember her say it as if it was yesterday."

I smiled apologetically at him, "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you sweetie but there isn't anything you should be sorry for."

He started tracing the designs with his hands and said with a small smile, "I remember how she spent two days in here, she didn't get out of this room until she was done... I would bring food and drinks for her."

He suddenly stopped and said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought her up."

"No no, she's your mate... you have every right to bring her up whenever you feel like it."

He smiled widely at me and said, "I don't get how I got so lucky with a mate like her, a son like Luke and a daughter like you."

He paused and looked around, "I might not know you much but I can tell you are very responsible, caring and loving... just by looking at you."

I smiled at him and said, "well you are a great father and mate."

"I wasn't really that great of a father to Luke," he pierced his lips together and said, "I wasn't a good mate either."

"I was a very angry man, could you believe it? There was a time where I slapped my mate because of a sandwich! Because of a stupid sandwich! I'll never forgive myself for all the pain I put her through!"