Chapter 3

Isabella's POV

I woke up in my bed. As I sat up and looked around myself I didn't see anything or anyone put of place. This whole thing must have been just a dream. Yes. Definitely.

I mean the other bed in my room was clean and no one else, especially not Elizabeth, was in my room.

Suddenly a knock appeared at my door and my Elizabeth walked in. I groaned and collapsed back down on the bed.

So this wasn't just a dream.

"Can I come in?" She asked softly. I sighed and got up. "Yeah, I guess."

I walked in to my closet picking some denim ripped jeans and a loose black T-shirt with a few roses stitched on it.

"Wanna go eat breakfast?" I asked and she nodded as we both walked downstairs. I grabbed myself a bowl while Elizabeth just watched me from the pther side of the kitchen.

I then poored in milk and some cereal and grabbed a spoon. I then leaned on to the counter and started eating.

"So? How did you take last night? When mom and dad told you?" She asked and smiled. "Well I ran in to the forest. Not like that was a big deal." I chuckled. "Hey, where is everyone?" I asked. "Oh, Max went for a run with dad and mom took Lisa to the mall to play with her friends." She answered.

"Oh, dad and Max went for a run?" I asked confused. "Yeah. It's not an actual run but it's kinda the same, just that you are in your, uhm, other form." I nodded my head.

"So is it rude if I ask you what animal you are?" I asked and Elizabeth chuckled. "Noo. Of course not."

"So, which animal are you. And Max. And dad. And mom." I smiled.

"Well mom is a cayote, dad is a lion, Max is a bear and I am an owl." She smiled proudly. "So am I gonna be a bird?" I asked. "No silly. It's totally not depending on genetics. So like if mom would be a fish you could still be a unicorn." She smiled.

"Okay. I just wanted to make that clear." I returned the smile. "So what do you think I am?" I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders giving me an answer. "I don't know. You could be anything. Well, not really anything. You can't be a dragon. They have been extinct since, well forever. Mom said that when she attended the Shapeshofter Academy she knew a dragon sgifter. Though he was killed by the dragon hunters." She said sadly.

"Dragon hunters?" I asked confused. She nodded her head continuing.

"Yes. Dragon shifters were supposed to have some kind of... abilities. No other shifter has them though no one really knows what kind of abilities they are since they're never the same. Mom said that the dragon shifter friend had the ability to read minds and communicate with people with no words. She also said that he was much stronger and faster than anyone at the academy." Elizabeth said. She came over to me and grabbed a mug.

She then poured some milk inside it and started drinking.

"So, dragon hunters do what exactly, and why do they hunt dragon shifters?" I asked. "Right, sorry I got off the topic." She smiled shyly.

"Dragon hunters, hunted dragon shifters ever since the first dragon shifter. All becouse of their special abilities. So dragon hunters thought that by killing dragon shifters, they could get abilities themselves. Dragon hunters are just normal humans but when killing a dragon shifter, they take their scales which are supposedly able to turn you in to a shapeshifter." She explained.

I nodded my head. How could dragon hunters do such things.

"But don't worry. You'll learn all about it when you get to the Shapeshifting Academy. You learn about it in your first year at the end of the year so you aren't too late to learn it just yet." She smiled.