Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Viola P.O.V

Since the dance I been trying to figure out how to understand what the egg said since when I open it the sound was a horrible sreeching sound that quickly have to shut it because it was just horriable. So after spending time trying to figure the egg clue I decide to take a bath with the egg to see if relaxing myself in the water will help me. I went to grab the egg for a closer look when it slipped from my hands and fell in the water opening itself.

So I try grabbing it but when I moved my head closer to the water I heard

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospect's black,

Too late it's gone, it won't come back.

That's when I realize what it said about the second task so I quickly grabbed it and got out of the water and put clothes on and went to find Xavier near the lake.

Xavier POV

I stood at the Black Lake with my golden egg in hand. I looked at my reflection n the yellow metal. This thing could give me the edge I need in the next task and yet I can't figure it out. All I ever get is a scream that practically makes my ears bleed. If the clue was to make myself go deaf I was about half way there,

"Just open it again." Lyon said with a gulp.

I unlocked the latch on the top of the egg. The high pitched scream made me drop it and cover my ears; I heard it splash into the water. I leaned over my the water and put my head in; I heard a soft and beautiful voice coming from the egg at the bottom just a few feet below the surface.

Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, And while you're searching ponder this; We've taken what you'll sorely miss, An hour long you'll have to look, And to recover what we took, But past an hour, the prospect's black, Too late it's gone, it won't come back.

I gasped for air when I bought my head back to the surface.

"I've got it." I said panting

I shrieked when someone grabbed my arm