Chapter Five:

In the last episode... Candice found out that:
"I'm engaged." (Baguette)
But she decided to stay on camp to become a nurse.
"Welcome to camp." (Washington)
On her first day of the job, Baguette was badly injured and taken to the medic tent.
And that's what you missed on [Glee!] The Story Of Baguette.
Welcome to Da Finale.
————
I was the only nurse that wasn't as busy as the other nurses were. Then I realized I had to tend to him. The soldier who brought him in laid him on a bed. Baguette was badly injured. His abdomen was bleeding, his head was split open, it wasn't pretty. It was all a blur, trying to keep him alive, making sure to be delicate with his head, the other soldiers crying about their pain. After I finished treating him, I sat next to him. He was asleep.
"I know that you care about him personally. But, I mean this the nicest way I can, get back to work." Francine reminded me.
"Right! On it." I replied getting up from my seat to take care of more soldiers.
———
After a busy day, I went to go sit next to Baguette. I stroked his hair from his forehead and he slowly fluttered his eyes open.
"Candice?" He said weakly.
"Shh, you need your rest. I'm pretty sure your fiancée would say the same thing."
And as if on cue, Samantha walked i to the medic tent.
"Oh, thank god you're ok!" She rushed by his side, the opposite side of me.
"I'll leave you to it." I got up to wash the medical supplies.
————
"Just rest." I heard Samantha say. "That would be enough."
I heard footsteps getting closer to me.
"Please take good care of him. He's my soon to be husband and I want him alive. I pay you a little so you can have something." She gave me a couple coins. "Bye." She exited the tent.
I continued to clean the medical supplies. It was dark outside and I was the only nurse left.
"Candice." I heard Baguette weakly comment.
"Yes?" I turned around and walked toward his bed.
"Are you mad at me?" He questioned.
"Why would you think that?" I scoffed.
"Well, I mean you just scoffed at me and-" He started.
"Of course I'm mad." I cut him off.
"Why?" He looked at me.
"Because, first of all. Mr. Ladies Man, you flirted with me and charmed me and the bet thing I know, you're engaged. If you told me sooner maybe I wouldn't be so mad." I explained.
"Oh."
"That's all you have to say?"
"No. Listen, I like Samantha, she brings me joy and I did like you. But I think me and Samantha are meant to be."
"Whatever." I grunted and walked away from his bed.
"Wait."
I turned around to his direction.
"What?"
"Can I get an extra pillow? For my head?" He requested.
"I'm not your maid."
"But you are my nurse."
"Fine." I got another pillow and walked towards him. "Where do you want me to put it?"
"Under my head please." He smiled weakly. I carefully lifted his head. My face was only inches away from his. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. It was awkward and very silent between us as we continued to look into each other's eyes. I couldn't help myself. He was just so charming. So I kissed him. It was a short peck on his lips.
"I'm sorry!" I stood up and his head dropped on the pillow.
"Ow!" He exclaimed.
"Sorry about that too." I covered my mouth. "I don't know what came over me." I started to cry. "I can't be your nurse anymore."
"Candice. You can still be my nurse." He assured me. "The kiss was just an accident."
"You don't understand. It pains me to see you with another girl." I sobbed. I ran out of the tent and bumped into a chest of a soldier.
I fell to the ground.
"I'm so sorry." I heard the soldier say. His hand reached out to mine. Insisting that I should use it to pull myself up from the ground. I took it.
"Please, I'm sorry. I should've watched where I was going." I smiled at him. He had a gorgeous face. Curly hair and freckles. "I'm Candice." I introduced myself.
"John Laurens." He greeted. "I like turtles." He randomly blurted.
"I don't like them. I LOVE THEM!" I squealed.
——————
After that day, me and John became close. First we were friends, then we became more. It was great because it kept my mind off of Baguette's engagement. I was tending to Baguette and couldn't stop thinking about John.
"Candice? Hello? Earth to Candice?" Baguette commented.
"Sorry. I was just thinking deeply." I replied, snapping out of my thoughts.
"About what?" He questioned.
"Nothing." I answered.
"You were thinking of me, weren't you?" He smirked.
"Of course not. If I must tell you, I will. I was thinking about John." I swooned.
"Which one? John Smith? John Rolfe?" He guessed.
"John Laurens." I gushed.
"Oh. This may or may not be a good time to ask. But are you still mad at me?" He asked.
"Does it matter? I'm your nurse and that's all I am to you." I went back to work.
-The Next Day-
I tended to Baguette. "You know what? I thought about it and there's no reason to be upset at you anymore. I have John and you have Samantha." I bluntly said.
"Let's start over." He suggested.
"Hi, my name is Candice." I introduced.
"My name is Baguette." He greeted. "I love French food."
"Oh, Coolio."
And we became best friends. We ended up married to the loves of our lives. I married John and he married Samantha. Even though we both knew, we should've married each other.
The End.