Chapter Eight

* Dakota's POV*

"Hey babe," Felix said when he opened the door.

My heart melted when he called me babe.

"Hello!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

Something about our relationship felt wrong. Like, like we are taking it too fast. But I continued the kiss. He pulled away.

"I have to finish getting ready. I'll be right back." He was wearing grey sweatpants, no shoes. No shirt. He may have been cute and dorky from the outside but his body was amazing.

I shook my head out of my daydream while he brushed his teeth.

"Felix? Can I?" I gestured to a chair. He spit his tooth paste.

"Sure. Want something to drink? I have soda and water in the fridge,"

"Uhm. No thank you." I sat in front of a tv with a soccer game on it.

He walked out of the bathroom to get dressed.

"Sorry I was just watching some football. Woul-"

"Soccer." I said.

"What?"

"Soccer. You were watching soccer."

"Oh shut up," he smiled and bent down for a kiss. His lips tasted like peppermint.

"So would you like to change the channel mrs. "I-know-everything-about-American-slang?""

"No it's ok mr. "I-think-I'm-cool-because-im-hot-and-British"" he scrunched his nose and stuck his tongue out at me. He walked out of the living room to get dressed. It was awkward, sitting in a room that I've never been in before, with no sound but the television. Ten minutes later he was all ready. He wasn't wearing his glasses. Contacts. He didn't have his hair slicked back like usual. It was down and messy. He wore black skinny jeans and a Blink band tee. This was, different, then his usual polo shirt and khaki pants.

"What's with. All this?" I asked laughing at him.

"What? Just because I look nerdy and dorky at school doesn't mean I can't be cool?" he flashed a smile and grabbed his wallet.

"Come on Dakota. We gotta catch the bus."

"Woah Felix we have an hour. No need to rush."

"Yes need to rush. It's far. We will need two buses and then we'll need to walk like three blocks."

"Oh. Uhm. Ok." I hated buses. I only ever take them when I needed. Now I'd be taking three in one day. More then I've ever wanted. We left the apartment and went down the elevator.

When we got outside, the bus was just pulling up. He grabbed my wrist and we ran to the stop across the street. He gave the man $3 and we sat near the front of the bus.

"So. Dakota. We know nothing about each other. Don't you find that, I don't know, a little wrong?"

"Yea. I guess. I mean the man at the front desk asked me for your last name and I didn't know I'm sorry." We laughed and he kissed my forehead.

"So. Tell me about yourself."

"Well there is nothing to know really. I'm not that exciting." I didn't know what to say. "You go first."

"Ok. So I just moved here obviously. Aha. Um. My last name is Harrison. I came here with my brother. We wanted to get away from England. For my 18th birthday I asked to come here and my parents said only if my brother comes with me. So here we are. They think we live together. They don't know I live alone in an apartment with my own job to keep living there. Or that my brother lives at his college. I have freedom. That's why I'm at America."