How You Met

So again, the characters are aged as the following in this book:
Max is 10, it's confirmed, and I won't age him up unless I state that he's aged up. He's mature enough honestly.
Neil is 11-13. He seems old enough to understand science to basic standards. I'm older than that and I don't even know what he rambles about most of the time.
Nikki is 10-11. I'm pretty sure Max is the youngest out of the trio tbh, so it seems reasonable.
David is 24. It's confirmed.
Gwen is 21-23. I feel like she'd be in her 20s, but she's probably still younger than David.
Harrison is 13. He seems the right age with looks and mentality and such.
Nerris is 12. She seems this age with her vocab and mentality and all that, plus looks.
Preston is 12-13. This background trio just seems older than the main trio, but I'm probably right.

And with those^ you will be aged as the following with certain characters;
Max - you'll be aged 10-12 at best. Your choice tbh.
Neil - 10-13 at best. Your choice.
Nikki - 9-12 at least. Your choice.
David: 22-25 at least. Your choice.
Gwen - 19-24 at most. Your choice.
Harrison - 11-14 at most. Your choice.
Nerris - 11-13 at most. Your choice.
Preston - 11-14 at most. Your choice.

Thanks for the understanding my duderinos.

• ────── ✾ ────── •

💙Max💙
You grabbed your bag up from the back of the bus and groaned, dreading this. There were so many things you hated about the outdoors. The mosquitoes, the sweat, the work. You wanted to relax this summer but your family sent you to this hellhole. You thought earlier in the year you'd spend the summer with your grandma again, but it hurt when she passed. Now you're stuck here.
You stepped off the bus from the creepy 'Quartermaster', and behind two very talkative kids. The girl tried talking to you, but you had snuck your music with you, so you just ignored her. Anyway, the man who greeted you came up to the bus followed by a boy who held the same resting bface as you did. "Why hello! You must be Nikki!" The teal haired girl just bit him in response. "Yo, get this circus on the road, Betty, I wanna nap." You earned a grin from the fluffy haired boy behind the tall, red-kneed counsellor.
Once everything happened (you weren't paying much attention to your surroundings considering your earbuds were still in) you were awaken from your little zone-out as Max grabbed you and the Neil kid. "Do you guys wanna escape this f-kin nightmare?" "Please!" You rolled your eyes after taking out an earbud, stuffing your hands in your jacket. Nikki created a distraction, and soon you all were running to the bus. Once you got on, you stood behind Max and flipped the counsellors off. "Bye suckers!"
You stood beside Max with your hands shoved in your pockets. "We were so close!" You patted his shoulder a bit. "Should've let me drive. My gramma let me drive her places all the time." You and Max were always closer than the others from that day on.

💛Neil💛
You honestly didn't know what you expected, but you weren't surprised. You wanted to go to architecture camp, or whatever it was, but this was some trash multi-activity camp. As long as they had parts for you to tinker with, they wouldn't be fought.
A week had passed and you befriended Max, tinkering all week. You eventually made a somewhat useful raspberry pi, and you used it to download info from David's phone.
Once the new kids arrived and all that jazz, you hid. You disliked socializing with new kids who were probably dumb, but then when you saw a shadow of a kid form behind you, you grunted. "You're taller than Max. Who are you?" You muttered, taking a screwdriver and screwing a case shut over another contraption you made. "I-Is that a raspberry pi?" "You know it. I'm trying to recreate it. The first one had David's social security number and all that jazz. Gonna download it and background check once I make a computer or whatever." The boy stared in awe at it and you two continued to talk science, though you asked questions about some stuff. Although he grunted at them, he answered happily.
"So wanna learn how to make a RPi?" You looked up at the curly Jew, and he nodded excitedly. You nodded and started telling him what you learned on how to wire it correctly, and where the USB port would go. You pulled out a small box of parts and let him try out a few on your WIP rpi. And you two became quite close afterwards.