The Lone Prince

Anna POV:
  Exhausted. That's the most appropriate word for how I feel. My entire body aches no matter how much I try to work out the kinks.

  "I didn't realize they'd be pushing us like this." I groan out to a very sleepy Oliver who mumbles. "Oli?" I question and push myself up, every ounce of force aching my arms and torso.

  Oliver was fast asleep on his bed sprawled out like a starfish. "Ok starfish boy, I'll let you sleep." I giggle at my lame joke and sigh rubbing my thighs. We did a whole bunch of conditioning rather than fight training today. It was the most vigorous work out I've ever done.

  I eventually decide it's time to shower and walk to my dresser pulling it open. Grabbing clothes and my shower key I turn facing the door. It's so easy to say fuck it and sit back in bed to sleep. I rub my face and glance at my bed once before walking out.

  The castle was always quiet after training. Most people went to bed and took showers in the morning but I can't stand going to bed feeling gross. Just imagine all the sweat and shit you get on your bed from it and then think about how often out wash your sheets and blankets.

  About halfway down the narrow hall I stop at the women's shower door that had a sign perched on it boldly saying "Vacant". I shove my key in the door and unlock it flipping the sign with my other hand to read "Taken". Pulling the key out of the knob I slip in and close the door behind me trying to make as little noise as possible.

  The bathroom was like one of those family bathrooms at a store but instead of rows of stalls it was just one big bathroom. The only difference in this was there was a bath tub and shower across from the sink and toilet.

  Everything in here was rather plain. Wooden floor with tan bathmats by the white shower and tub. The toilet and sink we're also white with a small red hand towel hanging by the mirror. I set my stuff down on the toilet lid and pull my clothes off throwing them in a pile in the corner.

  The bathroom suddenly smelled strongly of vanilla. Maybe they had an air freshener in here. No matter, it tantalizing sweet.

***
  After my shower I found myself staring in the mirror. The person who looked back at me looked a lot like someone I use to know. Strong jawline, short and thin, brunette hair. The only thing missing was the deep blue eyes and tan skin. I had rather light skin, I guess it would be called porcelain.

  I sigh and turn to my clothes. One by one I put on the articles on and turn to the mirror once again to brush out my hair. I didn't dare to dry it unless I wanted to be a massive frizz ball and in this place you don't dare make yourself stand out.

  A knock came to the door. "In here!" I speak out to them.

  "It's me, Anna." Oliver's voice rang back. "I was woken up by the hall officer giving word that someone wants to see you out front." His voice was a little muffled through the door.

  "Alright, thanks Oli." I reply and smile. Maybe my mom found a way for them to leave and are here to visit! That is definitely a long shot but I guess it couldn't be anything too terrible if it wasn't them.

  "Mmhmm!" Oliver answers and I hear his footsteps slowly fading down the hall. When I could no longer hear him I pick up my dirty clothes and key leaving out the door making sure to flip the sign back to "Vacant".

  I nearly take off into a sprint down the hall to our room and fling the door open throwing my clothes on the floor. I grab three hair bands and pull my hair back into a tight bun not caring that it was still wet. It'll dry on it's own time.

  I turn to Oliver's bed but he was no where to be seen. He probably went to the cafe knowing him. I giggle to myself and head back out he door with flip flops on. We don't have anymore training today since it was Friday and we are completely free on the weekends so I don't have to worry about wearing shoes in case I have to make a run for it to class.