01 - I

I lean my head against the wooden door to my home, which happens to be an old rickety outhouse. It's located in the backyard, just a couple of meters behind the main house— where I used to reside in.

I sharply open up the door and enter— inside this outhouse of mine is filled with junk which my step mother, Ms. Hyungsik, buys and never uses.

I've tried cleaning it up before but about half-way through my cleaning I became terrified at the fact that I may find something trauma inflicting hence, only a portion of this outhouse is actually livable.

I groan as I sloggish-ly make my way toward my bed, slowly feeling the cramps in my tummy from earlier worsen. Despite the pain I'm feeling within a small smile still manages to creep onto my soft features when I notice a fimiliar form laying on my bed.

"Jiminie ah~." My soft voice makes him look up from the book that he's reading and he smiles at me. Shortly after, I collapse over him and groan in agony, "Please don't move."

"Is something wro-" Jimin asks.

"Soo Yeong ah~!!!" A sudden cute voice interjects, making me scream in surprise.

"Jungkook ah~," I whine, instantly recognising the voice. "Do you want my uterus to-" I mumble but stop when I realise that Jungkook's still a baby.

"Ute- what?" He asks innocently and I hear him rummaging through this junk pile.

Seeing Jungkook and Jimin in here is not an unusual site for me because they're my best friends and have been for a long time but on the other hand I'd say that Jungkook comes here just to dig through all this junk hoping to strike gold oneday.

Let's just hope that day comes soon.

"Nothing and stop rummaging in those stuff. I don't know what's in there." I warn Jungkook and feel Jimin's hand over my back. I guess he realised that I'm on my period.

Dysmenorrhoea can be a pain— quite literally.

"Aish Kookie, stob or you'll disrupt the ecosystems and food chains that's been created in there." Jimin laughs and I feel his stomach rise and fall beneath me. It's kinda soothing.

"Hyung, you can find great things in here. Last time I found a gaming controller." Jungkook says rather triumphantly

"If you contract any diseases I'm not paying for your hospital or therapy bills. I've warned you Kookie." I smile although I'm serious.

"Sure, sure." He hollers, completely ignoring my words. "Also there's less than a week of winter break left so I've got to make the most of this." I chuckle at his words and he continues his treasure hunt.

"You want me to get you anything, you know..." Jimin's soft voice forms rainbows in my ears.

I turn to face him, "No. Dying here with you two beside me is the only pain reliever I need." I jokingly say as I shift to cuddle Jimin. "And sleeping like a winter bear right now sounds pretty darn good."

Jimin chuckles softly as he allows me to rest my head on his chest but the words he delivers soon after are filled with concern, "Dying is a strong word Soo Yeong ah."

"Dying hardly describes it, Jiminie." I close my eyes hoping to fall asleep on this ball of comfort but to my absolute dismay a loud crowed voice coming from just outside my home can be heard.

"Soo Yeong!!"

That voice.

That screeching voice.

It can only be one person—

My step mother.

Almost immediately, Jungkook's rummaging comes to a halt and Jimin and I exchange surprised looks. I quickly get off Jimin, feeling the blood flow out all at once but I ignore it and pull at his arm trying to get him off the bed.