Chapter 6- Hakuna matata my ass

Max's POV
My breath hitched in my throat as I heard my mums voice again. It had been so long, too long in fact.
"Max?..."
She paused making me feel uneasy.
"Yeah, Max... your own fucking son"
"It's not like I could bloody forget"
Her harsh spite reassured me that this was my mother. It's a sad thing to remember her by, but what else can I do?
"Why are you phoning me? After all these years you decide to- "
"My girlfriends pregnant mum"
Her voice brought back memories, ones I hoped to forget. But they always come back. If I listened to her any longer I would've put the phone down. But Nikki would get angry and I'd let everyone down. I had to get straight to the point so I could abandon this old hag.
"WHAT"
"I know, it was a big mistake but it's not like you would give a shit even if we where 20"
"MAX SHUT THE FUCK UP, ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE US HATE YOU EVEN MORE?! FIRST OF ALL FROM WHAT I REMEMBER YOUR WAY TO YOUNG, SECOND OF ALL WHAT TYPE OF GIRL HAS AN INTEREST IN YOU"
It hit me hard. How dare she have the gut to tell me that a girl falling in love with me was a surprise. It was true that I was surprised myself that Nikki actually gave me a chance, but I don't need a reminder from my shitty mother.
"HOW DARE YOU! MY GIRLFRIEND IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME, DON'T YOU DARE QUESTION HER STANDARDS! YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE SO DON'T START ACTING LIKE YOU GIVE ONE BECAUSE YOU DON'T DESERVE TO!"
My mother fell silent as I looked behind me to see David, Gwen and Nikki standing looking proud. I was doing what should have been done long ago.
"... And I wonder why I regretted having you..."
"I'm living my own life mother and you aren't in the picture. If you where there, if you came to pick me up I'm Camp that day, if you could see me now... I have a real family standing behind me waiting to say it's finished. Unless you want to step up and be a good grandmother then stay out or so be it I will end you. My kid will be nothing like me, whatever gender it comes out as. You can't have a say anymore. You've lost your chance...

Goodbye".
I put the phone down without letting her answer. I fell to the floor, sweating and panting. I had done it. I felt renewed in a way, like I had finally done something right. And it seems as though they agree to.

Nikki's POV
As soon as Max put the phone down tears welled in my eyes. He had done it. Max has made a lot of mistakes, but that doesn't make him a bad person. I ran to him as he fell to the floor,
"Oh Max, I'm so proud of you!"
I felt like I was comforting a puppy, it's as if he felt new to the world. I knew he felt different since he let David hug him. Hearing him yell to his mum on the phone scared me. I had never seen a mother child relationship like that. Me and my mum weren't anywhere near close to being perfect but I could never say those things to her, even if she does deserve it.

David's POV
This was going to be hard. I think we all knew that. Teen pregnancy was no joke, but this is Nikki and Max we are talking about. If they can sabotage any Camp Campbell event, hatch a prank and get away with it then they can raise a kid. The thought of a tiny kid with a little mixture of Max and Nikki made my heart feel all fuzzy. Max deserved to be happy, and I didn't think telling him that phoning his mum and possibly loosing her was the worst thing that could happen. Right now, focusing on training the two to be the best they can be is the main focus. I looked over to Gwen to see a tear in the corner of her eye. Max was like a son to her, so seeing him being so responsible and caring was a dream come true for her. From a 10 year old little shit to a 15 year old mature boy, Max has come along way. But with Nikki by his side, he'll do fine.

End of POVs
Max and Nikki started to giggle as Max came to realise how soppy he looked. Gwen and David looked at them with pride as they enjoyed some of their last moments as a normal teen couple. Nikki's laughter died down as thoughts rushed into her head. She was going to get a baby bump soon, the morning sickness would get worse, her mood would go from 1 to 100 in seconds, the contractions, the cravings, her relationship, doctors, the pain , Neil...

Nikki immediately stopped laughing as the missing boy from their dynamic trio popped into her head. What would he say? Neil was their best friend, he wouldn't abandon them... would he? Neil usually avoided any of Max and Nikki's devious plans, he wasn't one for trouble. He stuck with his sad mad scientist self. The man might as well marry science to be honest.
"Niks, what's wrong?"
Nikki snapped out of her day dream as she saw Max looking into her eyes worriedly.
"Oh it's nothing, just... what do you think Neil is gonna say?"
Max looked confused as to what to say. Neil was a good friend, but when it came to sticking up for the two when they where in trouble, he wasn't the best.
"Nikki, Neil is our trustworthy mate, if he hates us for this then he wouldn't matter to us or even be with us anymore"
"On that note, I think you should tell him, but in person. He's your best bud, I don't think he'd appreciate that his besties told him a small human is hitching a ride inside Nikki over phone"
Gwens way of saying pregnant made Nikki laugh. Max smiled at his gorgeous green haired girlfriend. David saw Max's look of affection and felt all warm and fuzzy. "It's as Disney explained it Max, Hakuna Matata" Nikki burst out laughing while Gwen looked in dismay.

"Hakuna matata my ass David"

Dang that's alota words, 1125 to be correct.Sorry I haven't been updating sooner I've really not been with it physically and mentally. I'm okay now so I swear on my life that I will update a lot more often. See you next chapter!