Seraph 6

_____________________

"M/n? Wakey wakey!"

The noble groaned quietly in his sleep, hands that were crossed over his chest now falling to his side. His chest softly softly rose and fell with each breath he took. A hand made its way gently up to his cheek to caress the smooth flesh. "M/n, it's time to wake up. When we get back, you can sleep all you'd like."

M/n groggily opened his eyes and yawned while stretching in the process. There was no use trying to deny it anymore. He had to get up and out of the helicopter to start the mission. He got out of the aircraft and looked at the fallen buildings around him. Oh, how things have changed over time. It saddened him honestly. No more children running around, no more laughter, no more families. Even if there is, they are in danger every second of their lives.

The rest of the noble's trailed out behind him, the two females sticking directly by the redhead's side. M/n's eyebrow twitched. Maybe he should talk to Crowley? He rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes and smiled slightly. "Oi, Crowley." He spoke, voice still laced with sleep. Crowley hummed and walked to [M/n]'s side with a grin. The [h/c] haired male smiled slightly and reached to ruffle his hair. "You know, we haven't talked recently. Maybe we should train together sometime?"

"Lord Crowleeeyyyy!"

That's when M/n knew that talking to him was going to be a pain in the ass.

_____________________

"Crowley-"

"Lord Crowley! We found the pesky humans!"

Strike one.

"Hey, Crowley, remember when we used to-"

"Lord Crowley, Horn is saying how she wants to drink your blood."

Strike two.

"Lord Crowley-"

"I'm going to borrow him for a moment. Go and talk or something." M/n seethes those words out through clenched teeth and grabbed the redhead's arm to drag him off. Chess and Horn frowned at the high rank's words. "But, we were going to-"

"I said go and talk! Don't make me say it twice." He jumped up onto a building that still was intact and sat down on the edge, eyes still narrowed to an annoyed glare. Crowley gulped and merely waves them off before jumping up to where M/n was. He slowly sat down and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay-" "Crowley." He said his name with a firm tone, eyes staring up ahead at the rest of city. "Let's just talk. You don't have to hold back, and I'm not going to allow Chess nor Horn come here."

Crowley's eyes widened. His shocked state didn't last long, for he actually liked the idea of talking to the older male. He chuckled and sat down next to him, hands behind him to keep his balance.

Silence was a soothing factor amongst them and [M/n] wasn't complaining. He felt calm. At peace even.

"M/n?"

The vampire turned his head to stare at him.

"What?"

"What was it like having somebody to love?"

[M/n] smiled sadly and averted his gaze to the orange sky above.

"It's amazing yet scary. Amazing because you have somebody to care for you. Love you when times get rough. Hug you in times of need... but it's scary because they are so precious that you get scared of doing the slightest thing. The slightest thing could break anybody..."

Crowley nodded along and stared at M/n. Love ruined people, from what he has heard and seen.

Yet why did he want to try again?

_____________________