Chapter 3

I looked at the knife wearily.

For the past two days I have been off and on 'dieing'. It had been three days since the first dream which came again every night, more violent than the last.

Ork has not visited since Daniel first saw me 'die'.

I haven't 'died' all day and I hoped that maybe I wouldn't today.

But one main thing I've noticed is, well, I don't get hurt. I was making dinner one night and I cut my finger but right as I turned to get a napkin or something it disappeared. It was kinda strange.

Daniel doesn't talk to me much. He does always help me when it happens though. He complains but he's still always there.

I've tried to act as normal as I can, but that's hard. I used to think being gay was a big secret, but not really anymore. Not with this secret.

After all, who cares what anyone thinks? I could beat up anyone I please with no effort.

For once in my life I'm in control.

Well, sorta.

~~~

I walked across the small field towards my apartment.

I noticed Daniel sitting on the edge of the fountain in the middle of the field, talking to some girl shirtless.

I blushed and covered my view of him with my hand and walked faster.

I was not about to be seen drooling over him.

But as I was walking my stomach started to hurt, really bad. I gasped and dropped to the grass grabbing my stomach.

Not now. Not now. Please no.

I felt someone touch my back and looked up to see Daniel leaning over me with an annoying face.

He pulled me up and walked me to some janitor closet. I wasn't thinking about that though. All I could think about was the fact that Daniel was shirtless and he was mad.

I interrupted his date. Of course he's mad.

Or at least I think it was a date...

I sat down on the floor and groaned in pain. He sat down in front of me in the small janitor closest and sighed.

"Why are you waiting with me?" I managed to croak out.

Daniel shrugged. "I'm not gonna leave you alone."

"You know I'm gonna be fine though." I Said and gasped again knowing what was coming.

He handed me a bucked and I threw up blood into it.

"I know." I heard him say as I felt myself start loosing conscious. "But I could never leave you alone like that."

I closed my eyes but I was still conscious.

"I care about you too much." He whispered.

I wasn't meant to hear that last part. I know I wasn't. He thought I had died, but I hadn't. I had heard him.