Ball

It's boring to watch, fun to experience.
Difficult to master, easy to practice.

The air of excitement and anticipation overtakes me as I enter the coliseum of the American Dream. The smell of corn dogs and peanuts and beer fills my nostrils.

Waiting.

The game has yet to start. Everyone talks about their favorite players, possible outcomes of the game, who beats who, much like the hungry Romans awaiting a fight between slaves.

Seeking.

One thing is to look. However, Seeing is different. Seeing has depth. You can look at anything. A place, an object, a person. But with Seeing, you see into a person. In all the chaos, the ability to See is very useful. The mood of the atmosphere becomes defined.

Feeling.

It starts! A colossal roar fills my ears, leaving no space to hear my own. The struggle has begun! The experience! The fight!

Even from this height you can see their exhaustion, maybe anxiety. The Pitcher takes a deep breath before delivering the ball, the first blow of the battle! The blur of white leather moves with godly speed, almost escaping the human eye. There it is, whirling and spinning as it approaches the bat and the glove

At the other end, awaits the hitter and the catcher, flanked by an unforgiving umpire. Rivals, side by side, almost rubbing shoulders. If you didn't know the rules, and if they didn't wear uniforms, you'd think they're comrades.

Woosh! Tap!
The first strike.

The audience stirs.

Woosh! Tap!
The Second.

Murmurs become prominent. Third time is definitely the charm.

Woosh! Pow!

As cliché as can be, the third try delivers a blow reciprocal to the powerful pitch. The leather ball soars, losing itself in the bright sun. The outfielder sprints, yells overwhelm the crowd, and he misses!

The organ sings as the audience cheers, and nothing is thought of except that lucky Ball.

-07/17/18