where it all started

hey! my name is Brooke! how are you? meet my wife, Jess! and this is our three fur-babies; Jax, Colby, and Mia. we live in a small town called Everson County. i am an assistant store manager for Mars Super Markets and my wife is a store manager.

about a year after i started at Mars, she transferred to be an assistant manger at our store. i worked in dairy back then, kissing anyones ass i could to get to the top faster, but the first day she came in, the very first time i laid my eyes on her i knew this was going to be different.

you see, at the age of 18 i told my mom i was gay and dating a girl I went to school with. I grew up in the dead center of the Bible belt so she didn't exactly take it very well. she could have smacked me in the face with a bible and it would've taken less time and energy but her abusive boyfriend supported me so there's that, i guess. we didn't agree with the way each other was living so i moved out five months after coming clean with my mother, and my bestfriend, Cait, and I moved into a small apartment together. it really took a toll on my relationship with my family because they don't agree with the way i feel. all except for my father and his wife, bethany...they support me being happy all the way. i'm lucky there, for sure.

so let's start the story off when i was 19, living with Cait and working full time at the biggest grocery store in our small town.

hope you enjoy!!