chapter one

"we're getting ANOTHER assistant i complained, "this is our third one in six months. and Rachel is getting pissy about it."

Cait laughed and said "Rachel is a store manger, what store manager isn't pissy? don't get me wrong, i love her and she's been so good to you, but i think it's just a manager thing. i would say you will be too, but you're pissy now so nothing will really change."

"oh, you're so funny. yeah, i probably will be but it's a big store and teenagers are obnoxious. and i know that because we're teenagers." I said, as we both laugh.

i finished up my make up, brushed my hair, put on my khakis and hoodie and said "i'm ready, and leaving. I didn't feed Jax so will you please do it? my first day training as an assiaint manager is tomorrow so I'm trying to be on time for the first time in my life."

"yes, yes, go. i love you. have a good day at work while i'm off, cuddling with jax underneath our heated blanket...but seriously, be careful driving in the snow, Brooke." Cait said with a serious look on her face.

"okay, I'll text you when i get there. love you, bye." i grabbed my water bottle, keys, and phone and pulled the door shut behind me.

i listened to my favorite song on repeat the whole way to work hoping it would be a good, last day in dairy.  little did i know that isn't where i was going to spend my day nor did i know what was about to happen. 

i walked through the double doors and stopped at the time clock. right as I clocked in, Rachel came down the stairs.
"oh, Brooke, you're here! i was hoping you'd get here first! our new assiaint is coming a day early so i was hoping you'd do her walk through and introduce her. she started out working here, but went into the managers program four years ago and left our store. so she knows a lot of people but just spend the day doing her walk through, blocking, and filling end caps. okay?"

"yes ma'am. what's her name? I can never remember." I asked as someone paged

'Rachel please dial 120, Rachel 120 please,' over the intercom.

"Jess." she answered before she picked up the phone and answered with an exciting tone "is she here? okay. good. we're on our way." she hung up the phone and nudged her head implying it was time for us to go. i held the door open for her to go out first.

while we were walking up front we didn't really talk about much other then the truck schedule for the next week. at least until we rounded the corner and i saw the most beautiful girl standing there. she was tall, with short blondish/brown hair, she was slim and had on a black button up with grey dress pants. i muttered under my breath "damn."

Rachel laughed but never made a comment. She walked up and wrapped her arms around the girl i was silently wishing to not be Jess. "Brooke, this is Jess."

my hand meet hers in a firm grip. "it's very nice to meet you." i said. i knew i was blushing but how could i not? this girl was just so beautiful.

"its nice to meet you as well!" she said. "i hope you're the one I'm training with today."

"she is. why don't you take her on her walk through, Brooke? get her acquainted with the store again." Rachel encouraged.

"your store ma'am. here simply to please you." i joked.

Rachel gave me an approving smile and walked away to go deal with whatever crisis was happening now. i looked at Jess, her big brown eyes were so warm, i knew I was in trouble. "C'mon. let's start up here, at the front end, and we'll make our way around."
i suggested, beaming with joy at how wonderful my day had started out.

we made it around the store in record time, by 10 we were done with the walk through and we're standing in front of the baler "let me get rid of these boxes so we can get some blocking done before we go to lunch." i said.

after I was done we went to aisle 7 to start, and i was reaching for something on the very top shelf with no luck.
"i'll get it." she said as she climbed up and pulled the condiment to the front. i looked her up and down, admiring her beautiful body. she looked at me and smiled as she handed me a box that didn't belong there, i responded to with her a flirty smile, and as i took the box and put it in the shopping cart i could feel her eyes running up and down my body, and i knew, this was going to be fun.