10

The next morning I couldn't control the smile that appeared on my face.

Manik: how's 11 for tutoring?

If possible, my smile got bigger merely from seeing Manik's name appear on my phone first thing in the morning.

I looked at the time and saw that, since it was 9:30, that could work.

Me: fine by me!

I locked my phone and spread myself on my bed as I recalled last night after we kissed.

**last night**

"I like you, Nandini ." He said. He sounded positive, but he still looked angry.

"I like you too, Mani."

"Good." All anger washed away from his face and he offered me a small smirk that almost resembled a smile.

"But, we need to take things slow. You can't deny you have a history - hopefully a history," I emphasized history. "Of playing girls. It's not that I don't trust you, but it's better off for both of us."

Manik heaved out a sigh. "I know. But, you're mine and no one else's."

"Good luck getting that through Mukti's head."

"I'm serious." Manik said with a straight face, but a playful tone.

"Me too." I laughed. "Oh...and if I'm yours and only yours, I guess that makes you mine and only mine."

"That's correct." He winked and kissed my cheek. I couldn't help but let out my small squeal of happiness.

**

"Nandini," I opened my eyes quickly and spotted Mukti. She was wearing a bright pink tank top, white shorts, her brown hair was straightened, and sunglasses were perched on the top of her head. "I worry about you, child."

I ignored her, "where are you headed?"

"A mall out of town with Abhi and his cousin. From there he's taking me to my parents'. So I'll see you Monday - maybe Sunday night."

"Oh, have fun. Bye, Muku."

"Call Malhotra back. That boys annoying as hell." I chuckled and picked up my phone from beside me.

9 missed calls from Manik

Whoops?

When Mukti was out the door, I pressed call back.

"Nandu? Are you okay?" I chuckled softly at his concern.

"Yes, Mani. Just dozed off a bit." I checked the time again. Oh, I should probably get in the shower - 10:30. "I'll see you in an hour? I have to go shower."

"We're gonna study at the library today because I was looking for something yesterday and my room is now a war zone. I'll pick you up at 11:30, Kay?"

"Sure thing." I smiled into the phone. "Bye, Mani."

"Bye, Nandu."

I hung up and headed out of the room to the showers.

I haven't had anything remotely close to a boyfriend since ninth grade. I was played and destroyed.

Yea, I should be scared I might be heading down the same path. But like in the words of Olaf - some people are worth melting for...some people are worth being hurt by. I'm willing to get hurt by Manik. He deserves a chance.

People can change.

I wore a teal plaid flannel around my waist and matched it with a black t-shirt and leggings. I slipped on black vans to go with. Too lazy to do anything magical with my hair, I French-braided it.
I was done by 11:15.