5. The Boys Are Here

*Liam's POV*

Today was the cook-off and honestly, I don't think I can make a public appearance after what just happened last week. Sure, in concerts, I acted like my old self, but in real life, the sadness has been eating away a part of me, and the lads are noticing.

"All right!" Louis shouted. "Are you guys ready to make a surprise appearance to that cook-off?!"

The other boys were quite enthusiastic, especially Niall.

I pretended to be happy and cheered along right with the other boys. But as always, Louis saw right through me. Louis might be the joker of the group, but every single one of us goes to him for love advice.

Louis made his way to me and sat next to me.

"Mate, it's been a week ago. Nothing is going to happen with you if you keep acting like a lost puppy."

"I can't get over it though," I said, fighting back tears. "We've been together for a long time. I was sure she was the one."

"Well, If she was, then i'm pretty sure she didn't have to leave you." Louis said. "Now, if you don't mind me asking, what was the reason that Dani left you? You guys always seemed so happy."

As much as I didn't want to talk to about it, I did. I figured that talking about it might help me.

"Well, it was none of our fault. She said she felt like we didn't have enough time together," I sighed, trying to continue. "Dani's been really busy lately and we haven't seen each other in a long time. With the tour still going on, I don't think we had enough time for each other just yet. The breakup was more of a mutual decision. We felt it would be better for both us. But honestly, I haven't been coping well..." I felt a tear forming in the corner of my eye.

"Aw, well I can see that!" Louis chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood. "Well, don't worry mate. Someone else will come along. You'll see." Louis winked at me.

Talking to Louis already made me feel better. "Thanks Lou." I smiled at him.

"No problem. Now get ready! We have a cook-off to judge!"

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

*Nia's POV*

"Are you sure this is the right place Hazell?" I asked, scanning the place. It looked pretty deserted, except for the huge RV parked in the front.

"Yes! This is the address the guy on the phone gave us!"

"Let's just go inside, shall we?" Reyna said, urging us to go inside.

All three of us shuffled inside. To our surprise, the building was much bigger than we thought, and it was much livelier. There were twenty tables, each with their own stove. There was a room farther off in the distance, where the food and ingredients were located. There were about forty chairs, in which the guests can sit and watch. On the left there was a long table with five chairs.

Then it dawned on me.. Five chairs... The boys are going to be here? No.. It couldn't be.. The article said nothing about the boys being here. Maybe there were 5 judges?

We signed in, but since Reyna and Hazell aren't entrants, they will have to sit on the guest side.

"You can do this!" Reyna said to me.

"Just think about your beloved Niall!" Hazell said.

That totally made me want to win this cook-off more than ever.

"I will!" I almost shouted. I was really focusing on winning.

I tied the apron on my back and said, "Let's do this!"