Chapter 6

"Roza, do I want to know why my Babushka and Mama have a large black sex toy and a tube of cherry flavored lubricant on the table in their suite?" Dimitri asked as soon as a bleary-eyed Rose picked up her phone in the morning. Thankfully he sounded amused rather than angry.

"Ugh, Comrade – please don't remind me!" Rose groaned, rolling over and checking the time. 9 am on her wedding day. "It was Lissa! She arranged a surprise bachelorette party for me last night. Your family was there, and so was lots of alcohol. There were games..." and worse she silently added.

"Yes, Mama and Karolina have already given me an account of pass the parcel, and the young man and his 'sexy bottom,'" Dimitri laughed.

"You're not jealous?" Rose asked. Dimitri was usually the level-headed, composed one in their relationship, but he did occasionally get a little green-eyed.

"No. The girls told me how you were looking everywhere except at the stripper, and that you covered your eyes when he took it all off. Still - it makes my night seem tame in comparison."

"Your night?" Somehow amongst last night's revelries, it hadn't occurred to Rose that the men might have hosted a similar get-together for Dimitri. Suddenly Rose was much less interested in what she'd been doing last night and much more interested in Dimitri's activities. He wasn't the only one with a jealous streak.

"Well it was nowhere as exciting as yours," Dimitri replied. "Just drinks with a few of the Guardians, your father, Pavel, Xander, and Christian."

"Just drinks?" Rose asked, sitting up in bed. She felt fine, physically, but she still wanted to get to the bottom of Dimitri's 'celebrations' last night.

"Drinks and poker," Dimitri admitted.

"No stripper?"

"No stripper," he confirmed. "Just vodka. A lot of vodka!"

"Are you feeling ok today?" Rose asked, her voice filled with concern. Now she had ruled out a stripper, she was worried her man might feel under the weather.

"I'm fine. I only had a few. But Xander is going to be in a world of pain today. He and Armstrong had way too much."

"You should have stopped them!"

"I tried – but by the time I recognized it, they were too far gone."

"So how are you going to spend your morning?" Rose asked almost shyly. They were marrying at 3 pm - in six hours' time.

"Mama is cooking a big breakfast with all my favorite things. Then the guys and I are going for a swim."

Rose scrunched her nose. Lissa was right. Guys did have it easier when it came to this wedding gig. It was already warm, and the idea of a cooling dip in the St. Vlad's pool was appealing, but Rose knew most of her day would be spent being primped and preened – there'd be no slipping on the dress and shoes and just showing up for her.

"I missed you last night," Dimitri confessed, his voice soft but filled with longing. "I'm so used to having you next to me. I don't like sleeping apart from you."

"I missed you too," Rose replied with a sad smile. "But you'll see me in a few hours."

"I know. In a few hours you're going to be Mrs. Rose Belikova."

"I can't wait!" Rose said, shivering in anticipation.