Chapter 2: "god, is that you?" "Nah, but close enough."

"Where are we going, J.C?" I whined.

Since he had blind folded me I was completely unaware of what was going on. Which I absolutely hated.

"Just wait. You'll see." He said as he lead me turning me every witch way

"But I wonna know now!" I whined again.

"Ok, little miss 5 year old." He smiled, "where here."

He then pulled off the stupid blindfold and showed me where we went. He had brought me to our old houses. When we were about 2-10 years old we lived next door to each other. Unfortunately, there was a fire and it almost killed both of our families.

"Oh J.C.," I said as my eyes began to fill up with tears.

"I know, it's still pretty bad, but maybe if we work together it could be just as beautiful as it was when we were kids."

"How long have you been working?" I asked as I walked into my old house.

The wall that had once separated the houses was now removed. As well as both of the stair cases. The once connected houses had now become one large house. Removing his old door and leaving mine, removing my old staircase and leaving his. Man, this house has so many memories. Good and bad.

"About a year and a half."  He smiled as my reaction, "you like it?" He asked.

"Well yeah! I love it!" I yelled as I jumped on him. "But one thing," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah?" He asked nervously.

"Who gets the house?" I asked.

"It's gonna be the club house!" He said in a matter of fact tone.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! Don't you roll your eyes at me, little miss!" He yelled as he chased me through the house.

I suddenly stoped when I reached my old room, instead of a wall that once separated our old rooms was now gone, and it was completely open. There was one big bed in front of the even bigger bay window, with the trim painted white. The room itself was painted a light grey with black and white decorations every where. From the bed sheets to the lamps, everything looked amazing.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Our old rooms." He said trying to catch his breath, "I just decided that these rooms didn't look right, and it would look better if they were open and made into one... is that ok?"

"Yeah, it looks amazing. I can't believe you did this." I smiled and hugged him.

"Oh good," he breathed, "I'm glad."

"Hey why don't you give me a tour!"

"Yeah sure!"

I suddenly woke up with a jerk, "Why is the sun so damn bright?" I whined as I covered my eyes with the bed comforter.

I then snuggled my head into something really comfortable. Wait.. what is this?

I then peaked my head out from under the comforter and saw that I had been snuggling with not my pillow, but with J.C.!

"Sh**" I whispered, "I forgot to call mom."

I then checked my phone and saw that it was only almost 5:30.
'If I call her now she won't hear it and I can say that I tried to call and tell her but that she didn't pick up.. yeah. I won't be lying, but I won't be telling the truth either.' I thought to myself.