Chapter 2 * Where Did I Go?

(Name)’s Point of View

I lie in a pool of dark liquid. It seems like I’m all alone. The dark water ripples occasionally as I float in it. It makes me feel like I’m floating in my own blood. I might be, but I never know, I could have been dreaming my dead. Then, again the bullet did hurt when it cracked through my skull, into my brain, and out the other side.

This makes me think of Kaison. He didn’t want me to die. He tried to save me. I didn’t listen though. I was too stubborn. I’m thinking of what I heard the faint voice of Kaison said before I got here:

“I know you wanted to die. I don’t judge you for it either, but what about what I wanted. I thought I could keep someone alive. I thought you were the one I could protect from death. You were a great friend, (Name). I’m afraid to say goodbye. I was with you through a lot this year. I have to face my fears though, so I just want to say this. Goodbye, (Name).”

He told me after I died that he didn’t want me dead. That’s a first for me. I mean seriously. Who tells me they want me alive? No one, except him. He was the first. I was selfish and didn’t think of the feelings of his. And I thought I was a nice person. Who do I think I am?

I float in the dark waters. The room I’m in seems like the kind that would echo my voice around the place. I stand up in the not-so-deep water. It went an inch or 2 below my knee, maybe 3 inches. I call out, “Hello?” My voice echoes all around the room. There’s a silence.

Then, I hear rumbling. A guy that looks a lot like Kaison appears before me. He has the same dirty blonde hair. The same brown eyes are on him. He even has that same big smile that he usually. It seemed unrealistic though. I ask, “Is that you, Kaison?”

He nods, saying, “Yes, I am. However, I am only an illusion you created. I am here to inform you of a few things, so listen carefully, (Name).” I look up at him and say, “Speak on.” He says, “As you may already know, you are dead. You need to keep this secret from everyone. You are soon going to arrive in a place called Konoha, so be prepared for awaking.”

I ask, “Wait! Where am I going?!” He says, “I’ll have to inform you more later on.” I say, “Well, you helped.” I blink a few times and stand up from the ground, brushing myself off. I’m kinda tired for some reason. I see a guy with a ponytail. He walks up to me and says, “Hello. You must be the new student of the Academy that the Hokage said would be waiting here.”

I say, “I’m sorry to have troubled you. Excuse me, sir, but I forget. Where am I?” He smiles like he didn’t hear me at all. Then, he says, “Oh! You’re in Konoha, now.” I think, ‘Konoha, it sounds a little familiar. It just doesn’t exactly ring any bells.’

I say, “Um...thanks...” He says, “Oh! How rude of me. I’m Iruka-sensei. It’s nice to meet you.” I hold out my hand to his, shaking it. I say, “It’s very nice to see you too, dude.” He says, “Now, come on before you’re late.”

I think, ‘So wait how did I get here anyway? I thought I died earlier.’ Mind-Kaison says, “I can’t tell you. All I pretty much know is what you know, plus some other tiny facts.” I think, ‘Okay, so this Konoha place. Is there a reason why I’m here instead of my life as a deadman?’ He says, “Not particularly. There really is no explanation I know as to why you’re here.”

I think, ‘All these familiarities have to add up to something. Hokage + Konoha + Iruka-sensei + Academy = Naruto the anime! Oh my gosh! I’m in a freaking anime! But how dos this work? I thought people just played the characters, and Masashi Kishimoto made the manga and anime of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, so shouldn’t there be at least cameras everywhere? I guess not, since this is their world, but still... How the heck did I end up here?!’

How did the emo one of the world I live in end up wherever you would call this universe without confusing people? Let’s call it the Ninja World. How did the emo one of my world end up in the Ninja World? I may not have that bad of a life, but losing your parents, dying, and knowing your only friend is upset with you is not what you would call normal.

I wonder that since I shot myself. Do I have a hole in the side of my head or was it healed after I died? I’m going to find out. I move my hands up to the sides of my head where we shot me together. Indeed, there are holes still there, and someone could look through me and see through to the opposite side.

Yeah, so I’m in Konoha is the Land of Fire in the Ninja World which is me-talk for the anime known as Naruto. Most may call it the Naruto World, but that may confuse people in this world, so I’m going to make it easier by calling it the Ninja World.

I’m going to make it my goal to find out why I’m here, who brought me here, and what they want with me. That is going to be my goal that I would shout out in front of a big group of people.