Jealous

The two Mercenary's were off on there quest and for Mercenary, it was going ok. For Holdem, not so much. His cocky attitude kept pissing off Mercenary.

"Ugh." The large white tiger groaned. "Why the hell are you always this annoying?"

"Why are you so low-tempered?" Holdem said with a cocky tone in his voice and folded arms.

"I'm not low-tempered." Mercenary said

"Sure your not." Holdem said with a little grin on his face. "You can get mad over the most smallest things. Even when I laugh."

"That's because your laugh sounds like a old, stubborn, cocky salesman." Mercenary said with a scoff.

"Hey!" Holdem yelled. "I do not! For your information, my laugh sounds like a proud, and brave soldier." Holdem says with his tail high and a fist to his chest as a salut.

"Yea." Mercenary said. "A soldier with a dog face." Mercenary started laughing but Holdem didn't take the joke very nicely since he didn't like being called a dog, especially by Mercenary.

"Hey! I'm a wolf Dammit! Want me to explain the differences?!" Holdem yelled.

Mercenary ignored him and stopped laughing. But every now and then, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit by how adorable he thought Holdem looked whenever he got embarrassed or angry. Mercenary pulled the map out of his pocket and took a nice long look at it. Looks like they've been gone for a day so far and there not even halfway to there destination.

"Damn." Mercenary thought. "How far did this brat's ingredient have to be?! And this potion better be worth it! Or so help me I'm gonna....

Mercenary lost his thought and snapped back into reality once he heard the sounds of Holdem calling his name. The large beastfallen looks back at the smaller beastfallen and wonders what he would want now.

"What is it now?" Mercenary said with a bored look. "You want a doggie treat?"

Holdem just sighed "It's getting dark soon. We better find a place to stay."

"Hmmm" Mercenary mumbled. "Well, I guess your right. Hopefully there is a village with an inn with it. Or will have to sleep in the forest."

Holdem Grinned a bit since he liked sleeping outside a bit. But he hated doing it alone. The two beastfallen's headed down the path and unfortunately, didn't find any inn or even a small little place to rest there eyes in. So, they had to set up camp and sleep in the forest. Once Mercenary finished making the campfire, Holdem was already in putting his and Mercenary's things up in a tree. Just to hide it from any others who might rob them. Or at least try to rob them.

As the camp fire lit and the two mercenary's  sit quietly near the fire, they were talking about how they thought of the area there going too, and what the "ingredient" is even gonna look like, or even be.

"So, The whole uhhh, "Ingredient". Mercenary said relaxing on a log. "Is it this some sort of ancient emblem or some body part of a beastfallen?

"No way!" Holdem stated. "I know for a fact that the young lady wouldn't do anything like that, nor Zero. Hell, the young lady wouldn't even hurt a fly."

"I find that hard to believe." Mercneary said getting off the log. "Albus is a mysterious witch, she might even turn the most innocent beastfallen or human into solid gold if she wanted too."

Holdem looked a bit confused. He knew that was not the daughter of the great witch Sorena he knew. He leaned closer to the fire a bit for some more warmth.

"W...What about Zero?" Holdem Said.

"Zero, she's no different." Mercenary stated. "Zero is just as mysterious as Albus, and would never turn down a challenge, even if you were her loved one. She could be so carefree, innocent....Stupid, But dangerous and, kinda scary I guess." Mercenary climbed one of the trees and returned with the map that Zero gave them. He opened it and looked at the path that they were supposed to go. He pointed and stared at the spot of there location for a bit. Holdem was staying near the fire to stay warm from the chilly weather that they were having.

Mercenary put the map away, stood up, and began to
Take off his red shirt. It wasn't much since he had such a large body and a pretty small shirt that only covered his chest. Nothing else. Holdem looked up and saw Mercenary's muscles all over his body and was, honestly impressed, and shocked at the same
Time. He's seen Mercenary without his shirt before, but he was always jealous on how big they were and how strong Mercenary is. He wanted to be as strong
As him, but he was honestly fine with what he had. He had muscles too, just not as big as Mercenary's.

"Geez. It's weird seeing Mercenary with all those muscles. And I've got scrawny ones. It's pretty unfair...." Holdem mumbled. "But there so....Big..."

"Hmmm" Mercenary said looking at Holdem confused. "You say something?"

"No! No. No no no" Holdem jumped. "I didn't say..Anything."

Holdem blows out the fire immediately and lays down on the ground to get some sleep. Mercenary looks confused, but then chuckled at how he still thought that Holdem being like that....Was adorable. He really liked it. He never understood why he had those thoughts or why he thought that somebody like him, was adorable. Maybe even, a little cute. Mercenary brushed the thought off and laid down on the ground across from Holdem. Mercenary was looking at the stars for a bit. And after a while, he closed his eyes and fell asleep. But Holdem, Holdem
Stayed awake for a little longer, Thinking. If Mercenary would have noticed the way he looks at him. The way he talks, the way he's changed a bit. Holdem just wanted to be like Mercenary sometimes. Big, Strong, Kinda low-Tempered. Holdem brushed the thought off a bit, and closed his eyes to sleep. But every time he tried to brush the thought off, it would just come back to him.

Holdem was always Jealous of Mercenary. Always.