The Inn

The sun arose from the darkness of the night and brought the daylight out. Holdem slowly awoke from his dream and got up to see Mercenary asleep right across from him. Holdem yawned and put his shirt and his red jacket on and climbed the tree that had there supplies in. He grabbed Mercenary's cape and jumped back down the tree too see him awake this time, and already stretching and yawning. Mercenary took the cape from Holdem and folded it on him.

"Alright now," Mercenary said. "Let's get moving. We don't want to stay out here long.

"Gotcha" Said Holdem. "Well, when we get the time we should probably stop by a bar maybe. Get a drink or two?"

Mercenary scoffed at the idea of drinking while on a mission. But at the same time he didn't disagree, it has been a pretty long journey. Mercenary just packed up and started  walking. Holdem followed next to him.

"Sure." Said Mercenary.

"Huh?" Holdem Said surprised.

"Why not. Ain't nothing fun we can do anyway." Mercenary Said with a small little grin on his face but barely visible for Holdem to see.

Holdem Giggled a bit at the thought of Mercenary actually agreeing with him. It's new to him. Very new.

After hiking up hills, Mercenary and Holdem finally arrived at a near-by town. Holdem, out of relief, runs over and Points to the town full of excitement.

"Brother, look! Finally, a place to stay and rest for a bit." Holdem Said

"Heh, about time. I'm not staying out here in this heat too long." Mercenary didn't waste anytime and raced down the hills leaving Holdem behind. Holdem of course, followed him.

Once the Mercenary's finally arrived at the town they see a large gate leading inside. With all the money they had left, they better make it count. There were two guards at the gate, letting other people and beastfallen in. The two guards asked why the Mercenary's were at a town and were traveling by themselves.

"How much?" Mercenary asked

"Nothing. You just need a scroll that shows that your invited here. And it has to be for a good reason." One of the guards said.

"Hmmm." Holdem though for a minute and grabbed Mercenary's collar and pulled him to the side. "I believe  I know how we can get in."

Mercenary didn't care at the point, he just wanted to get out of the heat that they were in. It was killing him. "Alright. Let's do it. As long as we're out of this heat. And it better be good or so help me..."

"It's good. It's good. Relax." Holdem walked back to the guards with a grin on his face. Mercenary on the other hand, knew that he was up to something clever, but very stupid. "Ahhh gentle men" Holdem Said with his grin, now turned into a little smirk.

"Yup, he's up to something..." mercenary said

"I understand that you are loyal to the rules and really, really want too see a scroll from us but uhhhh...We don't have one."

"Oh my god.." Mercenary facepalms himself trying to forget what Holdem Just said to the guards.

"Well then..No scroll, no en.." One of the guards tried to say till Holdem cut them off.

"But..If you please, please help us out here. Holdem said trying to plead to the guards. "You see gentlemen..Me and uhhh...My friend here.."

"Friend..?" Mercenary Said under his breath.
"Uhhh...We are on a quest. A quest for a special potion that involves curing our friends illnesses."

"What....?" Mercenary says, not believing what he just heard come out of Holden's mouth. Holdem looks back at Mercenary and winks at him, signaling him to play along.

"That..Little..Bastard.." Mercenary swears under his breath again.

"So..Can you two gentlemen please let us through. So we can continue on for our...."Potion?" Holdem Said.

The guards look at each other and give the two Beastfallen  a nod. Letting them in through the gateway.

"Alright. Well that worked. Now let's see where we can re.." Mercenary bashes Holdem on the head, interrupting his sentence.

"What the hell's the matter with you?! You nearly gave our mission away!" Mercenary yells loudly not caring if anyone saw or heard him.

"Well, for your information, I just got us past those two guards and into the city! Now if you don't mind, can we please continue on finding a place to rest?!"

Mercenary sighed and looked around the area, he spots a nearby inn in the mist of the crowd. Mercenary points towards the inn, and Holdem nods his head in an agreement.

"Alright. Let's get this over with." Holdem Said standing up and rubbing his injured head. He stops, turns around and winks at Mercenary. "Oh and...You can thank me later."

Mercenary glares at Holdem before following him inside the inn. Hoping that they allowed beastfallen in their.

Holdem And Mercenary looked around the inn, liking the way it's we'll decorated, and the fresh air. Mercenary headed to the one of the lady's behind a desk near the entrance to get their rooms. While Holdem looked around the inn.

Mercenary kept an eye on the lady, and Holdem at the same time. Making sure that he doesn't steal anything. Since that was a thing that Holdem liked doing every now and then.

"Excuse me." Mercenary said walking up to the lady behind the wooden desk. "Do you...Except...Beast..Fallen." He said gently.

"Yes. Yes we actually do." The lady said with a little smile at the large beastfallen.

Mercenary had a sigh of relief hearing that him and Holdem wouldn't have to be kicked out and sleep somewhere else.

Mercenary reaches into his pocket, and pulls out some coins. He holds the coins in his paw-like hand, counted them, and then looked at the lady.

"How much for one room?" Mercenary asked.

"Well, how many are their?" The lady replied.

"Just me and..." Mercenary looked over his shoulder and shot a quick glare and Holdem. Holdem sighs and leans on the walls of the inn. "Just me and him."

"Alright then." The lady said holding her hand out for Mercenary to give her the money.

"Oh and uhh..This is for two rooms. Right?" Mercenary asked placing the coins in her hand.

"Oh..No no I'm terribly sorry.." The lady shakes her head in sorrow and looks at Mercenary and Holdem. Who know has a little worried look on his face overhearing their conversation.

"Theirs...not enough rooms for two more people. It is a busy week anyway." The lady said.

Mercenary and Holdem both look at each other in a small shock, and then look back at the Lady.

"Wait...What do you mean...Not enough rooms?!" Holdem Says in a small outburst. Frightening the lady a bit.

"I..I'm sorry..Like I said we're really busy. So rooms have been taken. But, luckily their should be a room with two beds in their for you two." The lady said with her smile on her face now, but not so much for the Mercenary's.

"Uhhh..." Was the only thing Mercenary could say with a dead look on his face.

"...We'll...We'll take it.." Holdem Said looking down.

"What?!" Mercenary jumped a bit.

"Think about it. It's best we do this then having to search for another place to sleep." Holdem Said pulling Mercenary aside, away from the Lady behind the desk.

"Another place to rest can't be that far away from here."

"But what if it is..?"

"Ugh......" Mercenary shrugs, turns his head to look outside, seeing all the crowd, and walks back to the lady at the desk.

The lady pulls out her hand to give Mercenary the room key.

"We'll take it...."