A quick drink or two

Mercenary and Holdem head up to their room, not very exited about staying in a room together. But as long as if they got rest and didn't have to travel farther or anywhere else for different place for it.

Mercenary reached into his pocket and pulled the key out and looked at it a bit. It sure did look old, but at least it should still work. Mercenary placed the key into the keyhole and turned it. Hearing a click, the mercenary's knew that they were in.

"Heh, looks like it worked." Holdem Said with a smirk.

"Of course it did dog-face." Mercenary Said pushing the door open revealing their new room for a while till they were ready to leave town. The room was very neat. Nice two beds side by side, a window with a good view of the town, a bookshelf, a desk near the window, and a candle and lantern on the desk.

Mercenary walked in, breathed in and out, and placed his equipment on the right bed near the window. Holdem placed his on the left bed near the doorway.

"Welp...Looks like this'll have to do." Mercenary looks around the room, liking some of the things he sees.

Holdem opened the window near Mercenary's bed, and looked outside for the view. "Not too bad." He said. "I believe we would be alright here."

"Yea, well don't get to worked up. We'll have to leave soon. Sooner then you think." Mercenary Said.

Holdem laid on his bed and felt the covers on them. They were green, like one of his favorite colors. Mercenary sat on his bed and looked at Holdem across from him.

"You know Brother, we could actually sleep nicely here. Nice heat, nice room, plenty of space." Holdem Says turning to his side to show his back to Mercenary.

"Oh. And what's wrong with outside? I thought   I made a good Fire, and the trees were nice." Mercenary jokes  while grinning at Holdem.

"Hmmm...Nope they sucked." Holdem Said.

"Hm. Fine then." Mercenary scuffed. "I'll just let you sit out, in the cold, and hungry."

"Hahahaha. Your ridiculous." Holdem Said turning around laughing. In only a few minutes, both Mercenary's were laughing. "That means, the young lady will be mad at you." Holdem says to Mercenary.

"Well, I'm sure she'll get over you. I mean hey, she did it once, might as well do it again."

Holdem scuffed at Mercenary and ignored him.

As the sun died down, and the moon was just starting to arise, Mercenary and Holdem stayed up. Mercenary looking at the map that Zero gave him. And Holdem holding the vile and twirling it around, the vile that they were supposed to have the secret ingredient in.

Eventually Holdem got tired, got up, and starting pacing the room, left and right.

"Ok, what are you doing?" Mercenary asked confused.

"Pacing." Holdem responded

"Why"

"Because I just can't stay here. We got to do something! Something fun at least...."

"Like what....?"

Holdem thought for a bit, then he took a look outside the window. And smiled

"There! Brother, look." Mercenary got off his bed and looked towards the area Holdem was pointing too.

"A bar...?" Mercenary Said

"Yes!" Holdem replied. "Let's go there. Tonight! It's better then doing nothing."

"I think I'll past." Mercenary said sitting back down on his bed, and looking through the map.

"What?!" Holdem Said not believing his ears. "Why not?! You love drinking don't you?"

"Never said I loved it, I just like going there from time to time when I'm not busy and need some time to think." Mercenary Said.

"Your place to think is a bar..?" Holdem asked confused.

Mercenary didn't have any words to respond, instead, he just got up, and walking over to he window again to look outside.

Holdem, sighing, turned to the door and opening it. "Alright then, I'm going out to have some fun. You sit here and be, boring." Holdem Said before shutting the door and walking out of the inn. Leaving Mercenary alone.

Mercenary didn't understand why Holdem wanted to get himself into trouble, he already get's himself into it enough. And every time he did, Mercenary would have to be there to save him. Like Holdem was some lost princess or something.

"Well, looks like I can finally have some peace and quite around here." Mercenary said, lying down on his bed near the window. Mercenary took some time to think, and after a few minutes, he got up and grabbed his cloak. "Dammit." Mercenary cursed under his breath and left the room. "That dog-face is gonna get himself into some real trouble if I don't go with him." Mercenary thought to himself after heading out the inn, and followed Holdem into the bar.