Just A Kiss

About an hour later, the door to the hospital opens and six of my favorite boys walk through the door. Josh sits by my bed. “How are you feeling?”

            “Much better, honestly. I wish I could leave. I hate it here.” I sigh and stare down.

            He grins and hands me a bag of clothes. “I’ll go talk to the nurses- see if we can check you out early.”

 As he turns to leave, Harry walks up to me with a bouquet of red roses. “For my new girlfriend.” His curls slightly bounce up and down as he strides towards me, placing the roses on my lap and giving me quick peck on the lips.

“Aw, thank you!” I grin.

“So you were serious about saying ‘yes,’ right? Not just sparing me rejection in front of all those fans?” A ring of uncertainty choruses in his voice as he asks me to clarify for him.

I roll my eyes, a smile playing on my lips. “Of course I was serious. I mean, who could reject Harry Styles? International superstar?” I tease him, laughing.

“I know. I’m irresistible.” He winks.

Louis coughs lightly and mutters, “Get some.”

I throw my pillow at him but he ducks and I accidentally hit Zayn square in the face, making the whole room laugh. “Whoops!” I giggle.

Zayn smirks. “If you weren’t dating one of my best friends and didn’t have any injuries, I would throw this back at you.”

My cocky little grin comes out and I look around the room. Niall is sitting alone in the back corner, secluded from everyone, looking at his phone. It’s quite obvious from the way he’s glaring at the screen that he’s not interested on anything on the phone- he just doesn’t want to be with the rest of us.

Liam turns to him and raises an eyebrow, smiling. “Nialler! Come join the group!”

“I’d rather not.” Niall grumbles.

Liam nods and goes to sit with him. I have to admit, Liam is one of the biggest sweethearts I have ever met. Everything about him that I’ve ever read in magazines about how he’s the kindest one in the band is absolutely true. They’re all wonderful, but he’s just a total sweetheart. I make a mental note that he would be a good brother figure to talk to if I ever needed someone to cheer me up in a situation.

Hannah’s phone makes a slight beep and she stands up, reading a text. “Josh says he needs to go down to the lobby and help him with some paperwork. Anyone want to come?”

Niall stands up, almost too quickly and follows her out the door. I can’t help but think that he’s mad about something. Maybe I’m just being overly attentive.

I grab the bag of clothing that Josh had given me and I stand up. “Okay, I love you all, but I’m going to need you to leave so I can change.”

“We can’t stay?” Harry asks, cheekily.

I roll my eyes. “No. Half my ass sticks out of the other half of this hospital gown. Trust me, it’s not the most attractive getup.”

I hear him whisper to Louis, “Does it really?”

I roll my eyes, lightly laughing to myself as I point to the door and they all walk out. Harry gives me a small kiss on the cheek and leaves, followed by the rest of the boys.

Dalia stands back for a second. “Hannah picked out the clothes in there. I think I should just warn you about that…”

“Warn me..?”