Well.. then.. That was easy.

Jasper

Damien told me about how he told his mother about our relationship. I was glad about how accepting she was. She was very nonchalant about it, which is a really good thing, but I don't think Damien really processed that yet. He was just on the fact that telling her was so easy, and that she hadn't made a big deal about it. He even told me about how his mouth hung open at her words, and his mother had to tell him to close his mouth. I wish I had seen his expression, but as it stands, Damien was too shocked to tell his father that we were going to be leaving to 'school,' I hated the fact that Damien had to lie to his father, but knowing his father... well..

"Jasper, as my son's personal slave, I expect you to act civil to the guests." "This is the first party that you are attending, is it not? I'm disappointed to hear from one of my staff, that you went to bed early" "...as my son's personal slave, you have to have as much poster and be as elegant as my personal slave, Seara. If you can not meet these requirements then I suggest you just leave." His father said this to me, among other things. I did not make a big deal out of the things, he said to me, as it was mostly expected. I mean none of the slave owners were nice, my previous masters could probably come up with more nasty mean things to say about me, so I was thankful he was at least civil about it. He was down right mean, and I did not like the man at all, but at least he actually took into consideration what his children say. Damien's father will not sell me back, unless for a valid reason, one that he could fully concept that wasn't being a flat out lie, and for that, I didn't hate him. Okay, maybe a little.

Damien sighed, as he said," I hate having to lie, but it's the only thing I can do when it comes to my father. I don't get why he has to have such high expectations." I said, calmly," Your father only wants what he thinks is best for you, it's what parents do. Sometimes, one is stricter than the other. It's just how parents work." He nodded, then said," I suppose, you're right. Are you looking forward to tomorrow?" I jumped slightly up and down, in excitement. I said, enthuseastically," Yeah, I can't wait for you to meet my mom, I just know she's going to love you. Not as much as I do of course.. but, almost as much. You're gonna love her, she's great at cooking, and I know she'll thank you for everything you've done for me." Damien asked," What do you mean? I haven't done that much..." I looked at him in shock and said, with a blush, kind of embarrassed to have to admit everything," You let me stay, fed me, treated me like everybody else, you're the nicest person I've ever met. I'm really thankful to have you around. No matter what the future holds, we'll be together, whether it be friends, or boyfriends, or husbands...We'll be by each other." Damien nodded with a smile, as he kissed my cheek and said," I can't wait to meet your mother, I'm sure she's the one that gave you such a beautiful personality." I blushed, and suddenly found the carpeted floor to be very interesting.

Leaving to Roy, was an easy feet surprisingly. Damien's father let me accompany Damien to school. Well, at least that's what he thought we were going. Luckily, Damien's mother seemed to approve of our leave, knowing where we were actually going, as she smiled and waved us goodbye. I made a mental note to talk to her more, later. On the boat ride, Damien and I shared a room, like always, and I got to hang out with Harriot a little bit more. Passing through, the professional barrier that was held between us, as I've only even made small talk or nice pleasantries with Harriot, was difficult to say the least. I found it kind of awkward to talk to him, about any thing besides small talk. After a couple of days, on the boat, though we were able to find a topic we liked a lot, my mom. I asked questions about how she was and what she was doing when Harriot left. If she was doing alright without me, being around. He told me the truth, that my mother misses me very much, and that she was worried about him going to another island again, as he went to the Cursed Island, and saw me on the news. When I asked about it, as I never knew; a time I was being broadcasted on T.V. He just chuckled and said to get used to it, since I'm marrying a prince one day. I didn't know who he was talking about at first, until my mind flashed an image of Damien, which made me blush, and caused Harriot to laugh even harder. The embarrassment, I don't know how I'll ever live that one down. As Damien was accepted by his mother, he was in a cheerful mood, during the whole boat ride. Giving me kisses out in public areas, nothing too heated, just a light peck on the cheek and things like that was really heartwarming. I felt as if Damien wasn't hiding any more, and wanted to show me as his, proudly in front of others. Like I wasn't someone to be ashamed off, like all my other masters told me. They said that I was hideous looking, and never really worth all the money that they spent on me, sometimes it got really hard to keep going day to day, but I braved through it, and got to where I am now. To think, bumping into someone could change every plan I had, and everything that I expected.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sorry that this seems like more of a filler chapter, but I thought that I'd make it really chill, and do something a little different by not having a lot of talking happening...Or well, dialogue between the characters. But I think it's nice to look back at everything, and reflect on how far a person has gotten in life. Even if some of the memories, you'd rather forget, they made you stronger, and realize some things about the world that you may not have noticed before. As this book concept did start in 2017, I wanted to make a chapter that revisited some of the things that happened, or settle things that changed as the story progressed being brought to attention, as settle things like that, are what really make me enjoy a story.