Chapter Eleven

Syaoran had to leave early the next morning to meet up with a small group of scouts, so Sakura decided it was best for her to continue helping with small jobs around the camp.
She ate and stepped outside into the warm sun, looking around to see most people relaxing. Some kids hurried past and greeted her on their way to their lessons and she waved.
"Morning Lady Sakura," one of the guards greeted her with a smile as he passed.
"Good morning." Sakura replied with a small smile.

She moved to see who might need her help, walking through the camp exchanging hellos with those that greeted her. Most people were warm towards her, but only a minority were indifferent or cold. She passed the woman who had lost her daughter and tried to ignore her until she felt something collide with her back, knocking the wind from her lungs as she fell.
Sakura landed hard and quickly looked over her shoulder, seeing the woman continuing without a care in the world.
"Sakura, are you ok?" Tomoyo asked as she hurried over to her.
Sakura stood and brushed herself off, "Yeah, I'm fine. What kind of magic does she use?" she asked Tomoyo, nodding to the woman who was sitting alone.
"Her? I think she uses wind magic." Tomoyo replied.
"That explains how no one sees the attacks..." Sakura winced with pain.
"Are you sure you should leave it like this?" Tomoyo asked, "You don't deserve to be treated like this."
"I'll try and solve it myself-please don't say anything to Syaoran." Sakura breathed.
"This sort of attack shouldn't have injured you like this-come on, we're going to see Eriol." Tomoyo pulled on her hand but Sakura resisted.
"Wait-I'll see Meiling. Eriol might tell Syaoran something happened to me again..."
Tomoyo sighed softly. "Alright, you can wait in my tent."
"Thank you." Sakura smiled gratefully.

Tomoyo led Sakura to her tent and allowed her to stay inside while she headed off to find Meiling. It wasn't long before the medic arrived carrying various treatment tools.
"Tomoyo said you were hit with some kind of wind spell. Where did it hit you?" Meiling asked as she placed the basket on the table.
"My back." Sakura answered.
"I'll need to see it."
Sakura stood and started removing her cotton dress, letting it sit loose around her waist as she covered her chest.
"Hmm." Meiling murmured, "That's a nasty bruise. How will you explain it to Syaoran?"
Sakura shrugged. "I don't know. I'm sure I'll think of something."
"Well, I don't think your spine is injured, which is good. But it will be sore for a while." She said.
"Thank you." Sakura replied.
Meiling nodded and then left the tent.
Tomoyo looked to Sakura with worry, "Sakura, are you sure you'll be ok?"
Sakura nodded, "Yeah, I'll be fine."
"Alright..." she sighed, and then watched as Sakura left the tent.

Frustrated and sore, Sakura set out to search for the woman. She needed to try and resolve this situation as soon as she could. It didn't take long to find the group of women who seemed to be doing their usual chores.
One of the women looked up and raised her brow, "And what can we do for little miss tormented?"
"I have no idea why you hate me so much, but if I've done something to upset you then tell me what I can do to help make it right." Sakura spoke firmly.
The other women looked at her curiously. The woman who had injured her moments earlier smiled sweetly.
"Very well then. Finish washing these sheets for us." She replied.
Sakura frowned. "Is that all?"
"We'll give you more to do as you finish. Get to it."
She sighed and did as they ordered, washing the sheets and clothes they were in the middle of doing while they relaxed beneath the sun. Then, when she was done, they ordered her to clean the cookware.
Sakura knew well she was being treated like a slave, and although it dredged up some of her most painful memories, she endured it.

She headed back to her tent that evening with sore hands and her back aching. Her dress was filthy, so she moved to undress herself and put her dressing robe on before Syaoran got back.
She slid her arms from the sleeves and sighed softly.
"What on earth happened to your back?"
Sakura jumped and looked over her shoulder. Syaoran had just returned, and he didn't look happy at all.
She slid her robe on to hide the bruise, but it was useless now he had seen it.
"I had an accident today." She answered. It wasn't entirely untrue.
"What?"
"Something hit me in the back and I fell."
He looked at her sceptically. "And you didn't see what it was?" he asked.
She looked over and smiled, "No."
"Does it hurt?" He asked with worry.
"Yeah, a little..."
Syaoran sighed softly. "Ok."