•7•

[sorry for any typos. I'm a lil lazy I'll fix it later. Thank you for reading this messy book though]

|

"Hi.. umm I need your help.." her voice was small and quite the opposite of her usually over the top loud one. "I'm in the hospital,"

"Wait, what? Why?" Kino instantly grew worried. His eyes already scanning his dorm to find a pair of clean socks.

"Well some guy on a bicycle ran over me and basically broke my foot. My car is still parked there with the keys. My friend is watching over my car.. can you bring it to the hospital?"

"She can't drive?"

"No. She has to leave soon too."

"Send me the address."

"Okay. Oh my God, thank you."

Kino hanged up and quickly slipped into his shoes. After putting the address in the map he found out it was only a 15 minute bus ride away. As he finally arrived, he saw a girl leaning against the familiar black car on her phone. As he approached, her eyes detached from her phone screen.

"You must be Kino." She said a little doubtful. As he nodded, relief washed over her. "Thank God. She's at the general Seoul hospital. I would go with you too but I have to go to the police station as a witness."

"Was it a big accident?"

"That asshole could've broken her neck- anyway you should go. She'll explain the details."

Kino nodded. He knew learning how to drive would come in handy some day. As he sat on the leather seats and buckled his seatbelt, he started getting a little nervous. He didn't have that much experience in driving.

He drove extra carefully not wanting to ruin her car. To calm his nerves, he turned on the radio but was greeted directly with a song he despised. Arriving at the hospital was the only thing that relaxed him. Exiting the car he quickly called her as he entered.

"Where are you?"

"Kino!" Faye was walking towards him with crutches. She was smiling widely and didn't look like someone that was in pain.

"Are you happy?" His tone was interlaced with disbelief and worry.

"I've always wanted to know what it was like to have crutches ever since my older sister broke her leg in elementary school. I'm living my dreams," she said laughing. Kino rolled his eyes. The mood shifted when she noticed that he had messy hair and was wearing dirty clothes. "I'm so sorry for making you come all this way."

Kino chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"I'm surprised you didn't have anyone else that had a license."

"I do."

"Huh."

He was about to question her further when they were interrupted by a nurse.

"This is your prescription and your next appointment. "

The nurse looked at the both of them before handing her the paper and walking away.

"Should I drop you home after we get the medicine?"

"If you want or you could just drop me off and my roommate could get it tomorrow,"

Kino helped her sit down in the car, he even buckled her seatbelt. His face was only inches away, his hot minty breath could be felt on her face. She turned her face away and avoided looking at him until he started driving.

"How did it happen?"

"Oh, right! You're probably curious about that. Okay so I was driving ya know but this guy comes out of nowhere which makes me swerve because obviously I don't wanna kill him. I leave the car to look at him but he knocks into me with his bike. I still don't know if it was an accident but he called the ambulance."

"Police?"

"Ebi, the girl you met, saw all of that happen and is at the police station because the nurses said it seemed intentional."

Kino sighed heavily.

"Let's go eat, you're probably hungry."

"OH MY GOD!"

Kino glanced at her.

"you're probably hungrier! I'm such a shitty person."

"You're always give me a fucking heart attack."

"Okay but was I wrong?"

Kino rolled his eyes.