two; gunshot sounds

"Shut up," He said as he pulled out the gun.

Things were escalating rapidly, and Drew was uncertain of what to say or do. In all reality, it wasn't his problem, but it became his problem the moment that man walked into his bar with a gun.

As the criminal approached the man he had been speaking to, Drew wondered if he should or shouldn't step in. Anyone in his shoes would have done the same.

"Listen, Dennis, don't do this," The other man said with his hands held up in the air. The man named Dennis looked from the man with his hands in the air to the girl sitting next to him.

Drew felt himself step out from behind the bar slowly, but all eyes were on the two bickering men.

"It's too late, bud!" The obviously drunk criminal condescended.

"We used to be friends!" The other man exclaimed, almost on the verge of tears.

Drew thought carefully through what he was about to do. If he was on the receiving end of a threat that would put a bullet in his chest, he wouldn't be saying anything, let alone yelling at the man who created the threat in the first place. If he was the one with the gun, he wouldn't shoot anyone, but he had to think from the perspective of an intoxicated man who seemingly had nothing left to lose. Jail was probably a lot nicer than where the man with the gun lived, and he obviously wanted to get revenge on his friend for whatever he had done. Would he only shoot his friend? Would he hesitate to shoot an interrupting bystander? These were questions that Drew had no sure answers for.

Drew felt himself squeeze between the two men with one hand open cautiously, his palm facing the man with the gun. "No one's getting shot today."

Gunshot sounds filled the bar the way cigarette smoke and the smell of booze had just minutes ago. Two bullets in the chest. A completely innocent man left dead.

______

a/n: a few days late whoops x